Richie Hawtin Gets Annoyed, Pushes a Monitor on a Fan (Video)
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Richie Hawtin Gets Annoyed, Pushes a Monitor on a Fan (Video)

the story goes richie got tired of this chick on stage filming him so he pushed a monitor on her. granted it doesn't look like she gets hurt but still, was that the appropriate reaction?

http://blog.lessthan3.com/2014/11/ri...-time-warp-us/

original post: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152910938948033

alt link: https://mediacru.sh/3DUakY3so-xt
    Last edited by bluegrassdj; 12-01-2014 at 01:04 AM.

Banned

Dick move

There's one thing missing: context. Who knows what she's been doing the whole night if she hasn't been in his way, touching stuff, etc. I've seen Richie get really friendly with some people at his sets. Maybe he found out his cat died prior to the show. I often used to think I'd react a certain way to certain situations, then I concluded I've never been in said situation and truthfully don't know how I'd react.

Yeah, it appears to be a dick move, but we don't know what happened leading up to the situation and until there's a little background I'll reserve any judegement or lack of.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Tech Mentor

Until I hear what actually happened, I'm not going to call it a dick move. Some people can be really jealous assholes and those should be roundhouse kicked at some point. If you don't listen to reason, we'll try something else.

Banned

If we all started kicking annoying people it would be a mad house. I'm surprised that a stage is setup in such a way that a fan can get that close and shove an iPhone up to him.

Hurting someone IS A DorK MOVE.
    Last edited by tekki; 12-01-2014 at 02:37 PM.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by JaF View Post
    If we all started kicking annoying people it would be a mad house. I'm surprised that a stage is setup in such a way that a fan can get that close and shove an iPhone up to him.
    Let me be clear. I never said to kick anybody just because they annoy you. Most people go away if you just ignore them. It said at some point. If a guy/gal keeps touching my gear and messes up my mixes even after being warned and explained why, and then asked to leave by a security guy, they will receive some physical treatment. That's the way it works with people that don't respond to reasoning.

Banned

She just looks like an annoying or extremely ignoring person in the video but I'm wondering where is the security.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Hurting someone IS A DorK MOVE.
    Word!!

While a part of me understands the frustration any musical act must feel to having a video camera on them constantly whilst trying to do their thang, exuding violence toward them is NOT THE ANSWER! Why didn't he just stop the music, and go on a diatribe against video recording at what is supposed to be a dance party? That would have been a helluva' lot more effective, and he wouldn't be receiving all this negative press.

I lost A LOT of respect for him after seeing this. Regardless of the context, it's unprofessional, and just plain cruel!
    Last edited by tekki; 12-01-2014 at 02:37 PM.
    A&H Xone:96, (2) X Pioneer CDJ-2000nxs2, Bozure ISO-201, (2) X Technics MK5, "TEIL1" (Delay Pedal), Strymon "Blue Sky" (Reverb Pedal), Ableton Push 2, A&H Xone:K2, (2) X Shure M44-7 w' Ortofon SH-4 Headshells, V-Moda Crossfade LP2, Crates & Crates of Vinyl, 2011 & 2012 Macbook Pros - (2) X SSD/16GB RAM for both machines |
    https://soundcloud.com/risquedj

Whats the point of being a rockstar if you can't throw monitors at people?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast