shure m44g cartridges or stanton 505v3 for traktor scratch any ideas?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Tech Convert
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    N. Wales
    Posts
    16

    Default shure m44g cartridges or stanton 505v3 for traktor scratch any ideas?

    dunno wheather to get shure m44g's or stanton 520 v3's for my traktor a6 set up. tecchnics 1210's mk2.
    Last edited by Thenavigator; 12-02-2014 at 02:57 AM.

  2. #2
    Tech Guru the_bastet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    2,764

    Default

    Neither. Get Shure M44-7's
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

  3. #3
    Tech Mentor P4ULSON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The West Coast
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellnegative View Post
    Neither. Get Shure M44-7's
    this is the correct answer. if you have money Ortofon Q-bert's are legit as well. i use 447's because i go through them pretty quickly and it's only $25 to replace the stylus.

  4. #4
    Tech Guru Patch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    6,423

    Default

    I'm still using Stanton 500's. They are perfectly good for ALL types of scratching/playing.

    If you can afford the M44-7's, get them. but if you can't, go for the Stanton 500's.

    I have both, and I honestly don't have a preference.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

    Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

  5. #5
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I'm still using Stanton 500's. They are perfectly good for ALL types of scratching/playing.

    If you can afford the M44-7's, get them. but if you can't, go for the Stanton 500's.

    I have both, and I honestly don't have a preference.
    This man knows whats up.
    For all my VCI-100 lovers view my step by step guide to moding your very own VCI-100 Arcade edition
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=56270

    Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    Want to get better? Two words... jesus pose. 60% of the time, it works every time.

  6. #6
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    628

    Default

    The M44-G's are v nice carts/styli, I reallly rate them for more traditional styles of mixing, House etc. If scratching a lot, then 77's obviiously. Saying that up until I went to M44-G's, I used 500's for 15 years+ and never once had an issue.

  7. #7
    Tech Mentor dj max bradley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    vancouver, BC
    Posts
    203

    Default

    every scratch dj in the world swears by the m44.7. I own two Stanton 505 v.3 cartridges. they sound good and track really well. I had a pair of m447 cartridges and I think they hug the record a bit better. the 505 v.3's would be perfect for traktor but the m447 is a better scratch needle. its only $25 to replace the stylus on a 505 v.3. do you have a pair of shells for the cartridges because they are expensive?

  8. #8
    Tech Convert
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    N. Wales
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dj max bradley View Post
    every scratch dj in the world swears by the m44.7. I own two Stanton 505 v.3 cartridges. they sound good and track really well. I had a pair of m447 cartridges and I think they hug the record a bit better. the 505 v.3's would be perfect for traktor but the m447 is a better scratch needle. its only $25 to replace the stylus on a 505 v.3. do you have a pair of shells for the cartridges because they are expensive?
    the tracking on the stanton 520v3 are stupid heavy where as the m44g's are less than half and believe it or not, it acctually says this on the shure web site that the m44g and m447 cartridges are exactly the same. the difference is the stylus.
    think i might go for the shure,,,,,,,,,,, but the stanton 520's review are sick. i used to have the 500 al's years ago coz they were like stock at the time.
    i just dont know what to do, prob get the shures and put the 447 styli on em

  9. #9
    Tech Mentor dj max bradley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    vancouver, BC
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thenavigator View Post
    the tracking on the stanton 520v3 are stupid heavy where as the m44g's are less than half and believe it or not, it acctually says this on the shure web site that the m44g and m447 cartridges are exactly the same. the difference is the stylus.
    think i might go for the shure,,,,,,,,,,, but the stanton 520's review are sick. i used to have the 500 al's years ago coz they were like stock at the time.
    i just dont know what to do, prob get the shures and put the 447 styli on em
    the 505 v.3 are from 2g to 5g tracking force. mine are set at 4 g. you can get a pare of 520 v.3 cartridges for $60 at tom lee. they don't come with the shells though. the store is online you can order them.

  10. #10
    Tech Convert
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    N. Wales
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dj max bradley View Post
    the 505 v.3 are from 2g to 5g tracking force. mine are set at 4 g. you can get a pare of 520 v.3 cartridges for $60 at tom lee. they don't come with the shells though. the store is online you can order them.
    when you say shells i take it you mean head shells. yes i have 1210's mk2. i can get either for the same price but i want to get them today, either shure or stanton. im thrown between the two
    the m44g's cartridge is exactly the same as the 447 the difference is the styl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •