Traktor S4 for $200 - $300?

Default Traktor S4 for $200 - $300?

Hello. So my local Guitar Center has used S4's for about $300 bucks - is the reason why they're so cheap because they're used? Is that the going price for used S4's? Are they perhaps damaged in some way? Or is this simply a great deal? I know literally nothing about this stuff, I'm asking in behalf of a friend who should know more, but doesn't, so any help from you guys would be great.

Thanks.

Tech Guru

They're probably quite worn.

But you might be getting a great deal. Just go take a look.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Judging from what I see on the website, they are S4 mk1's for the most part.

As I was browsing though, one of the ones for $300 sold!

I don't think it's a huge deal. I mean, if you go and find an mk2 for that price in good condition it would be.

Also it depends on if they come with Traktor or not.

Tech Wizard

Plug the controller into a computer with S4 installed on the showroom floor. Check the browse button. It's the first thing to go on a used controller. It's that way too flimsy little dinky button in the middle that you hit all the time.

Tech Mentor

$300 is the going rate around here for a used S4 without the software. At least that is what people are asking. A little more if the software is included, but I find that most people like to keep the software. Some people don't know that you can't just download the software for free, so they think they are getting a deal. $300 is a good deal assuming you have the software, or it comes with it.

Thanks, guys. Very insightful replies. Glad I registered!

I've passed the info along, as well as confirmed that at least one of the stores is including the Traktor program with the controller. If my buddy decides to buy, I'll be sure to test out that browse button, too. Thanks for the heads up on that, b ill.

Happy holidays to you all.

Take care.

Be sure to check the USB port too. Those have a tendency to crap out on NI gear. Jiggle the cable, make sure it's in there solidly and there are no lights flickering. Guitar Center has 30 day returns on used gear so you've got a safety net there.

Got it! Thanks, Efada.