Traktor pro 2 on a 2009 macbook?

Default Traktor pro 2 on a 2009 macbook?

Hi guys, just looking for some advice, i'm about to buy a 2009 macbook 6.1 unibody, 2.2 mhz dual core processor, and 2 gb ram ddr2, question is... do you think i would be able to run traktor pro 2 (6.2.8) smoothly enough for it to be worth?

Thanks alot, in advance!

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Yes it'll work fine if you bump the Ram up to at least 4gb, also recommend at least a 7200rpm drive (or sad)

Worthwhile depends how much you are paying for it however.

Quote Originally Posted by Traktor Specs
    Mac OS X 10.8 or 10.9 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
    The Macbook 6.1 was released in May of 2010. So, whoever is selling it to you is wrong about either the date or the revision number.

All of the Macbooks released since 2009 meet the minimum specs for Traktor, but I'd at least look at upgrading the RAM. OWC (macsales.com) is a good place to look if you don't know exactly what you need, and their install videos make things as easy as they can be.

So, yeah, the hardware will run it. I wouldn't expect sub-10ms latency, but you won't need that unless you're using vinyl control.

The question in my mind is whether or not you can update that computer to OS X 10.8, which is required. Unfortunately, that information isn't as easy to find.

ETA: wikipedia to the rescue. A long as a macbook is 2009 or newer, it can run 10.8. But, I don't think it'll run anything newer than that.

So...I wouldn't buy it unless you're getting it for pretty cheap....like....around $200 cheap.
    Last edited by mostapha; 12-03-2014 at 12:55 AM.

Tech Mentor

I have a mid 2009 macbook pro running mountain lion (OSX 10.8) and I'm pretty sure from 2009 and up most macbook pros should be able to run OSX Yosemite but keep in mind newer OSX may be more cpu demanding on older models so your machine may run a bit slower which is why I decided to to just run OSX Mountain Lion which is the minimum requirements to run traktor 2.7
    Anyways my mac is running 2.53Ghz, 480 gb SSD, 8 gig ram and my system runs traktor pro 2 great with my s8 no problems at all,
    i also use ableton and maschine at once and they system handles everything fine i would def recommend upgrading to more ram and getting a SSD the day to day performance gain is very noticeable my machine starts up from a cold boot up in 13 seconds very fast for a 2009 machine!

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    The Macbook 6.1 was released in May of 2010. So, whoever is selling it to you is wrong about either the date or the revision number.

All of the Macbooks released since 2009 meet the minimum specs for Traktor, but I'd at least look at upgrading the RAM. OWC (macsales.com) is a good place to look if you don't know exactly what you need, and their install videos make things as easy as they can be.

So, yeah, the hardware will run it. I wouldn't expect sub-10ms latency, but you won't need that unless you're using vinyl control.

The question in my mind is whether or not you can update that computer to OS X 10.8, which is required. Unfortunately, that information isn't as easy to find.

ETA: wikipedia to the rescue. A long as a macbook is 2009 or newer, it can run 10.8. But, I don't think it'll run anything newer than that.

So...I wouldn't buy it unless you're getting it for pretty cheap....like....around $200 cheap.

So you know.. I'm running Traktor 2.7.1, on an early 2008 pre-uni-body MacBook Pro 2.5ghz dual-core, 4 gigs of Ram, with an SSD as my system drive and 5400 rpm as my storage/media drive, running Mavericks now (but about to test the upgrade to Yosemite), and I run Traktor at 10 ms latency with no problems at all.

What does this say? Yes, you can buy that computer and be confident that it can run Traktor...
    Tre Tuna
    DJ and Recording and Mixing engineer for live and studio sound
    Traktor Pro 2.7.1 | MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4gigs ram
    Stanton STR8-150s | Ortofon Q-Bert Carts
    NI Z2, F1, Machine MK I, RigKontrol 3 | Dicers | PadKontrol

Hey guys, thanks so much for your replies i really preciate it, well i forgot to mention that it's actually 2gb ddr3 ram, and its runing snow leopard 10.10, as for the latency 512 ms is just perfect for my djing style. i wonder if i will really need to upgrade to 4 gb ram...

Yea , it'll work. I used to run traktor on a crappy macbook 2.1 duo core , had it upgraded to 6 gigs of ram.
    Worked better then the stocked gaming desktop I had , lol.

Sylphid, you will need to upgrade your ram. Yes, trust us on that one.
    Without the upgrade you might have no problem mixing two tracks but once you get effects and more stuff going on(recording) etc. You're going to have sound dumps and crackling noises and over all a shitty time and shitty experience.

Tech Student

Hello!
    I ve just have a similar question about macbook 2008\7 - is Core2Duo 2 Ghz proc and max 4GB Ram ok for traktor 2?
    Ive found several 2007-2008 macbooks at 160-170 USDs and dont wanna to spend much more money. Ive tested Traktor 2 on MacBook Pro with Core2duo and 4 gb of ram and all seems ok.. but has any one expirienced with simple macbooks -white plastic cases?