[Hip Hop / Trap / Glitch / Breaks] Jackson 5 - Santa Claus is Coming to Town (deathy's Ghetto Funk remix)

Default Jackson 5 - Santa Claus is Coming to Town (deathy's Ghetto Funk remix)

Hey, everyone! I did a Ghetto Funk remix of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" by the Jackson 5. It's available now on Soundcloud, I really hope you enjoy it!

Cool concept. Lots of filter sweeps in there which was cool, but I'm not sure if it affected poor, young Mike. He sounded out of tune in a number of spots to me. Otherwise, very cool brutha!
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Thanks! I think what was affecting Michael's voice the most was that I had to slow it down a fair bit to work at a Ghetto Funk tempo. In the future, I'm going to be more careful about tune selection so that I don't have to change the tempo of the vocals that much.

Yeah, the vocal sounded a lot slower as well. I liked it though man...especially the bells!

You should bust out a remix of one of my favorite Christmas tunes, which would be right up your alley...Christmas in Hollis by Run DMC!
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

That's a good idea, although I'm not thinkin' I'm gonna do two holiday remixes this year... next up I promised a mate I'd try to do a GF remix of his Trance tune. Should be interesting. heh

I think you did good job. How long have you been making music in the past?
    The vocal sounds indeed a bit out of key but overall it sounds great!