DDJSX2 jogwheel sensitivity issue
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DDJSX2 pitch bend issue

So I just got my DDJSX2 from DJTechtools (great customer service btw!) and already I am encountering a problem...

I am trying to adjust the sensitivity of the jogwheels by holding shift and pressing deck 1/3 or 2/4 and I get the adjustment indicator, but the sensitivity is exactly the same regardless of what setting it's at! What the heck is going on!?!?!?!?

Someone help me

Even better, could someone with a DDJ-SX2 try to replicate this and see if it works for them? My firmware is up to date, as is my Serato DJ software.

*EDIT* I changed the title of my thread to properly reflect my issue. I came from a DDJ-SX, where a flick of the pitch bend would bend the track significantly. Now, with the DDJ-SX2, the same movement barely nudges the track at all. I really want to fix this.
    Last edited by Aaron Benjamin; 12-05-2014 at 12:07 AM.
    Aaron Benjamin
    soundcloud.com/djaaronbenjamin
    facebook.com/djaaronbenjamin

Tokyo/Toronto

The touch sensitivity or the jog sensitivity? Traktor or Serato?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

I thought it was the jog sensitivity, but maybe it's touch sensitivity?

http://pioneerdj.com/support/files/img/DRI1228A.pdf (described on page 25 of the manual). Basically I want to adjust my platters so the pitch bend is more responsive. Compared to my DDJSX the pitch bend on the SX2 is really stiff and unresponsive. Is there any way to change it?
    Aaron Benjamin

Tokyo/Toronto

Tech Mentor

With Serato? No way. Unless you can do it on the hardware, you're stuck with whatever Serato has set up for you.
    You can change the touch sensitivity (on my SR it's shift+<deck allocation button>) but that has nothing to do with the sensitivity of the pitch bend. What might be able to do is increase the latency of the jogwheel, but I don't see it in the SX2 manual. It is possible on my SR.

The touch sensitivity on the SX is a knob on the front of the controller. Are you in debug mode? (Turn on with USB unplugged while holding shift+play)?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

That sounds to me like it's defective and you need to contact Pioneer. I see no reason why they should be different if it's not adjustable. The one I played with in GC felt about like my SX....and every other good pioneer platter I've used.

So I tested the touch sensitivity adjustment again, and I can tell a difference. The problem with the undersensitive pitch bend persists, however... I really don't want to have to pay to ship this thing back to Pioneer for such a stupid reason....

I tried changing the latency in serato DJ, but that accomplished nothing >.<
    Aaron Benjamin

Tokyo/Toronto

Tech Mentor

I wasn't talking about the latency of Serato, but of the jogwheel. It may be that it's not adjustable on the SX2.

Quote Originally Posted by Scalage View Post
    I wasn't talking about the latency of Serato, but of the jogwheel. It may be that it's not adjustable on the SX2.
    If that's the case, I am going to be super bummed out
    Aaron Benjamin

Tokyo/Toronto

Tech Mentor

I think it's best that you contact pioneer with this, your controller may be defective as mostapha already mentioned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast