Two Kontrol X1 via USB hub

Default Two Kontrol X1 via USB hub

Hi,

I think this has been covered in this forum, but I just can't find it. So my question is, do I need powered USB hub to connect two Kontrol X1's or bus powered hub is enough ?

Thanks!

It depends on how much power your laptop will provide through the USB port. I've done it successfully with zero problems with a mid-2011 MBP, but I haven't tried on any other computer.

My suggestion, if it's all the same to you, is to buy a powered hub that has the number of ports you want and try it without the power adapter plugged in. If it works, there's no reason to carry around the hub's power adapter. If it doesn't, you've got the power adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    It depends on how much power your laptop will provide through the USB port. I've done it successfully with zero problems with a mid-2011 MBP, but I haven't tried on any other computer.

My suggestion, if it's all the same to you, is to buy a powered hub that has the number of ports you want and try it without the power adapter plugged in. If it works, there's no reason to carry around the hub's power adapter. If it doesn't, you've got the power adapter.
    I'am using mid-2009 MBP. Never thought I could use powered hub without power adapter when there is enough power. So I guess I will use your advice! thanks!

I've used unpowered for an X1 & F1 - 2010 MBP - worked fine
    SC | MC