Timecode / needles help!

Default Timecode / needles help!

Hi there!

I'm currentlky using 2 Numark TTX turntables with 2 stanton trakmaster needles (Stanton T2 cartridges with stanton T3 styluses).
    The styluses are about 1 year and a half old and the cartridges are probably about 3 years old. My timecode records are finding it hard to calibrate with Traktor I'm wondering if this could be due to the needles. I'm will need new needles soon anyway and I am thinking of getting the Ortofon concorde DJ S needles as they seem to work well with my turntables ( I tried them once).
    Would anyone recommend the ortofon DJ S for Traktor Timecode use?

I would appreciate your opinions!

Thank you

ortofons are largely overkill for timecode IMHO. I've used Shure m-447s with all of my timecode setups over the years and never had a problem. Replacement styli are cheaper than orts too.

i second the Shure m-447s for timecode. works perfect on my setup

Buy a set of shure m447s and never buy needles again. Also, how old are your timecodes?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6