DJ Folami's dj setup!!!

Default DJ Folami's dj setup!!!

HI EVERYONE!!!

I've been DJ'ing for quite a few years, and I've been LUCKY enough to do what I love FULL time for the past 10 years in a very specific market... I'm in a ski town. More specifically, I am in Aspen, Colorado, U.S.A. DJ'ing here has it's challenges. There are a LOT of challenges being here (mostly weather and location related) and therefore I have quite a few mobile DJ'ing gigs, so I have fine tuned my portable rig... Besides the speakers, subs, and stands (since in our DJ community/family, we ALL share equipment depending on the circumstance) I'd like to share my specs for when I DJ at (what I consider the BEST music venue in the WORLD, The Belly Up Aspen)...

-MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014); 2.6 GHz Intel core i5 Memory 16GB
    -Pioneer DDJ-SX retrofitted with Chroma Caps and DJ Tech Tools Colored USB Cord (I found that the original Pioneer USB cord that came with is was not grounded properly)
    -2Tb Orange LaCie Rugged Hard Drive (the one with the USB 3.0 cord)... Although I have been using LaCie Rugged Hard Drives, I have had MULTIPLE issues with them (I've been EXTREMELY vocal with the company)
    -2 Mimobot 16Gb USB Drives (ESSENTIAL: if anything happens because of the weather- I do a LOT of outdoor gigs and sometimes it freezes up equipment, and if ANYTHING happens, the show MUST go on! I ALWAYS change them up depending on which gig...) If my rig fails, and THANKFULLY if hasn't as of yet, I know that I can always switch everything out.
    Also, my MacBook Pro is outfitted with the following programs:
    -Serato Scratch Live
    -Serato DJ
    -Tractor DJ (which I seldom use)
    -Virtual DJ 8 Pro (just in case)
    -Ableton 9

I've attached a picture of my current Chroma Key Knobs for the last gig that I did at the Belly Up Aspen...

Hopefully this will help all of you fledgling DJ's... Please remember though, especially for me, DJ'ing is about having a vast musical lexicon and being intuitive enough to know how to unify and not polarize your crowd!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tech Convert

Looks good!

Gotta love the SX.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6