X1 mk2 not reconigsed in Traktor 2.7.1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    47

    Default X1 mk2 not reconigsed in Traktor 2.7.1

    So... as the topic title says since i updated Traktor to version 2.7.1 it doesn't reconigse my Kontrol X1 mk2!
    i am on the last version of controller editor too! the strange thing is, on the backup Traktor 2.6.8 it works fine!!
    have any of you had that problem? solutions?
    I am on a Macbook Pro with 10.9.5 Maverics!
    Thanks in advance!!!

  2. #2
    DJTT Ninja Mod tekki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Afterhour Ali's lap
    Posts
    11,004

    Default

    Tried different drivers/firmware yet?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

  3. #3
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NJ USA
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Have it running on both versions fine with one machine on Mavericks and the other on Yosemite. Although, I just bought my X1 recently.
    Maybe try downloading the drivers running the setup wizard again?

  4. #4
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    47

    Default

    tried to update the firmware but it says i'm on the latest firmware available so... no luck!!
    tried the drivers too but with no luck!
    but on the first day i did 6 hour gig with it (2.7.1), X1 Mk2 included, and it went fine! no problems whatsoever!!
    for now i'm on backed up 2.6.8 till i figure out what's wrong!!

  5. #5
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    108

    Default

    I got the same problem. It's hit or miss wether it recognizes my X1mk2 or my F1. I get it working eventually by rebooting, and unplugging my USB hub, or disconnecting the power to the hub, or a combination of all those. I haven't figured out exactly the sequence I have to do to get it working, but I do get it working eventually, but it's a pain in the butt. It used to work just fine, with the older version of Traktor.

  6. #6
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mannheim / Germany
    Posts
    303

    Default

    in cases where people updated from 2.6.8 to 2.7 the TraktorSettings.tsi may went corrupt.
    Quit Traktor and locate the file, delete it and restart everything. this helped for different issues.

    path on OSX: documents > Native Instruments > Traktor 2.7.1 > Traktor Settings.tsi


    MacBookPro 11,1 | i5 2,4GHz | 16 GB RAM | 256 GB SSD
    MacOSX 10.14.x | TraktorPro 3.x | VCI-100 SE FW 1.4

  7. #7
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    47

    Default

    @c0nsul thanks a lot!!! it solved it
    works like a charm now! thanks!!!

  8. #8
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Fixed mine too! Thanks.

  9. #9
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NJ USA
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Thanks for the tip! I was having some small controller issues that I wrote off as bugs to be fixed (running 2.7 on a non-production machine for that reason). Will see if that fixes it
    Although there is no way I'm updating my gigging laptop yet...too many important gigs coming up

  10. #10
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mannheim / Germany
    Posts
    303

    Default


    great to hear that this works!

    got this tip from NIs forum to fix my high cpu load after updating to 2.7.

    would be good when everybody, who updates, knows that this file may get corrupted!


    MacBookPro 11,1 | i5 2,4GHz | 16 GB RAM | 256 GB SSD
    MacOSX 10.14.x | TraktorPro 3.x | VCI-100 SE FW 1.4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •