Financing gear??
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Financing gear??

do you guys Finance your gear or do you buy it outright? I am mainly talking about the pricier items like those cdj's you own or that fancy collection of analog synths

I have always bought my stuff outright, but Financing seems like an option for the pricier bits

Normally I purchase my gear outright but most of my gear isnt that expensive but Ive been giving the thought of financing a DJM or S8 some thought.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

Cash
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Cash.

In the mid-90's I took advantage of some "12 month Zero interest" financing that was offered "in store." In that case, as long as you are REALLY good about paying a few days early, that can work out to your advantage. Given the interest rate that I am paid for my savings, and the interest rate that I am charged for borrowing, I can not see doing that again in the foreseeable future.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Cash.

To me, gear isn't worth going into debt for, especially with the fact that nothing seriously new has come out in years.

Tech Mentor

i like to finance the larger items, even though i have the money to outright pay for it. It helps build credit and also keeps a higher cash balance in your accounts, which is always beneficial. but i only have one major credit card and a bank card, so opening up another line of credit doesn't negatively affect me.

but you have to be on top of your payments, because that 30%+ compounding interest rate is going to hurt a lot. the creditors (usually not the retailer, GE financing/capitol one) are hoping that you do this, which is why the penalties are usually very swift and stiff.

Just be responsible if you do end up going that route don't buy high quantity, but rather high quality items.
    Technics 1210 / Pioneer plx 1000 / Xone 42 / Adam a3x / UA apollo twin / Maschine mikro / Ableton live 9 / Maschine 2 / MBP Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015

Ive financed gear n the past. Just pay it off quick. if you cant pay it off in 3 months or less, you really cant afford to buy it anyway.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

I pay with an AmEx card and pay it off each month.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Made the mistake back in late 90's and got a loan that took a few years to pay back most of that stuff can't be used anymore because of computer upgrades and dropped port support over the years.
    Now if I really want something and I don't have the money I have 2 choices. 1. don't buy it 2. put some gig money aside and get it later if I still really want it.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

I finance most things just to build credit. Im SUPER anal about never missing a payment or getting behind. I was actually just approved at guitar center for a large amount and I was going back and fourth on a new PA...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast