numark mixtrack pro2?

Default numark mixtrack pro2?

my friend ienn is getting into dj'ing. he wanted cd decks and a mixer but I convinced him to go with a controller because its basically the same but you also get the benefits of a computer. he could never afford cd decks that are nice enough for there to be a difference anyway. he has about $300 to spend. I recommended the numark mixtrack pro2. it comes with serato dj intro. It has FX, loops, cue points, samples, and touch sensative jog weals.

does any one have any sujestions for a better controller? the mixtrack pro2 is $250.

it also has pitch bend and you can turn the jog weals from scratch mode to normal.

Mixtrack_Pro_II_Hero-624x390[1].jpg
    Last edited by dj max bradley; 12-07-2014 at 01:37 PM.

Hardware question > Hardware forum
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

I have no idea what jon doe is talking about, wether he thinks the vms is rubbish (which it probably is), but the Mixtrack certainly isn't. It's what I used to learn my own skills. Just know that the pads are actually four on each side, the top row is just for the effects. This is a bit misleading. Apart from that it's a good piece of kit. It has proven to be much more reliable than my DDJ-SR, that's for sure...

I bought my son a Mixtrack Pro - had trouble with the audio driver on his (Windows) laptop but apart from that he loves it.
    Just gotta make him play decent tunes on it now.
    SC | MC

Quote Originally Posted by Scalage View Post
    I have no idea what jon doe is talking about, wether he thinks the vms is rubbish (which it probably is), but the Mixtrack certainly isn't. It's what I used to learn my own skills. Just know that the pads are actually four on each side, the top row is just for the effects. This is a bit misleading. Apart from that it's a good piece of kit. It has proven to be much more reliable than my DDJ-SR, that's for sure...
    good cause my friend is heading to long and mcquade to buy it right now.