Midi Fighter Twister and Ableton Live (Time Clock and CC issue)

Default Midi Fighter Twister and Ableton Live (Time Clock and CC issue)

I just got my Midi Fighter Twister and I'm super excited about it.
    I went to set everything up to map to my standard layouts in Ableton and ran across two issues.

1. I can't send anything to CC0 through Ableton midi clips (it starts at CC1), so I have no way of sending manual color changes to the first knob. Anyone have any workarounds for that?

2. This one is a bit of a bigger issue. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to sync midi time from Ableton to the Twister. I'm sending CC info to pulse (or blink) the color on an encoder, but it is completely unaffected by tempo changes. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong on this one? I tried toggling all of the midi options (sync, remote, track), but none of them helped with that. It doesn't matter if I set the tempo to 60bpm, 400bpm, or anything else. It still blinks or pulses at the same speed.

To answer your first question: the manual states that the Midi Fighter Utility refers to the 16 midi channels as channels 0 through 15. Ableton calls them 1 through 16. Therefore: if you want to affect channel 0, you have to use channel 1 in Ableton.

But I would like to know if there is a solution for the Ableton sync too!

I'm absolutely sure that Ableton is sending midi clock because I sniffed the signal via MidiPipe. Its sending a system real time timing clock with values of 248 but the Twister is totally unaffected by it.

I'm aware of the channel step up, but I'm referring to the CC0-127 within each channel.
    I ended up getting the answer that I have to send a note signal C(-2) I believe it was. (two below the note C 0)
    That will reference the first switch.

In regards to the time clock, for whatever reason Ableton and the Twister just don't seem to like each other.
    In that case you have a to write a midi clip that manually pulses it at the rate you want. (Max value of 50 and minimum of 18 I think).

Not sure why they don't want to talk to each other in regards to the time clock, but this at least works.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

A fix for the animation sync issue is on the way and it will be hopefully part of the next firmware update.