Sounds won't come from Serato - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

I know what the problem is. You want to hear music from the laptop instead of the controller, right? Once your controller is connected the soundcard from the controller takes over the sound. You then need to connect the controller's sound output to speakers or an amplifier. Serato has no option to choose routing.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Scalage View Post
    I know what the problem is. You want to hear music from the laptop instead of the controller, right? Once your controller is connected the soundcard from the controller takes over the sound. You then need to connect the controller's sound output to speakers or an amplifier. Serato has no option to choose routing.
    okay, i see that coming. i tried both of them actually and it still didnt work even to the speaker, as i mentioned the speaker is pretty old and i don't know if its still functioning. i have another speaker which requires bluetooth connection. i tried using it too and, well, as expected i cant play any sound on serato but just on itunes. its like something is blocking the access from serato and controller to produce any sound.

Tech Mentor

I think you just need a new pair of speakers to be honest.

Tech Mentor

I think you just need a new pair of speakers to be honest.
    i will consider the speaker later on. but is it actually possible to get the sound from the laptop for the main sound and headphone for mix? no speaker at all. i know about the quality, but i can only get my pair of speakers next month. or is the bluetooth speaker actually available on it?

Tech Mentor

It is possible, but not on Serato and via a lot of trouble (virtual midi cables). Seriously, don't even attempt it. The bluetooth speaker won't work as it will only connect to your laptop soundcard.

Tech Mentor

It is possible, but not on Serato and via a lot of trouble (virtual midi cables). Seriously, don't even attempt it. The bluetooth speaker won't work as it will only connect to your laptop soundcard.
    okay man, before moving to the speaker topic. can i explain it a little bit? the sound doesnt even come on the laptop too, even though i ejected the speaker controller cable. the only sound i can hear is the headphone. thats it. is it actually a trouble that the sound is not even available on my laptop?

Quote Originally Posted by drewjonn View Post
    but is it actually possible to get the sound from the laptop for the main sound and headphone for mix? no speaker at all. i know about the quality, but i can only get my pair of speakers next month. or is the bluetooth speaker actually available on it?
    No, you cannot hear your main sound if you don't use speakers. It might be possible to use RCA to 3.5mm -cable from controller to your computers line in. Then you would have to use a recording software to monitor what's feeded. Of course this way there would be significal audio lag and actual DJ'ing would be nearly impossible.

You could also buy a BT transmitter and hook it to your main out RCA's, but there would be audio lag also.

You could ask from your friends/parents/relatives if anyone has an old stereo set (amplifier/receiver+speakers) they could borrow/give you. You need only one input (aux/video/cd/line/etc) to hook your controller.

Tech Mentor

I know what you mean, but that's exactly the way it's supposed to be. You can select one (1) soundcard and the sound will go through there. Your laptop and headphone output on the SX2 are on different soundcards.

Tech Mentor

i am sorry dude. can you explain how should i connect them through the soundcard. but the controller itself comes with a built soundcard right? thanks.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by thugsucker View Post
    No, you cannot hear your main sound if you don't use speakers. It might be possible to use RCA to 3.5mm -cable from controller to your computers line in. Then you would have to use a recording software to monitor what's feeded. Of course this way there would be significal audio lag and actual DJ'ing would be nearly impossible.

You could also buy a BT transmitter and hook it to your main out RCA's, but there would be audio lag also.

You could ask from your friends/parents/relatives if anyone has an old stereo set (amplifier/receiver+speakers) they could borrow/give you. You need only one input (aux/video/cd/line/etc) to hook your controller.
    i have a fender amplifier for electric guitar. is it possible to use it? if not, then i dont have any other choice than getting a speaker.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast