Sounds won't come from Serato - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

You connect the SX2 to your computer and the output of the controller to either speakers or amps via rca or xlr. if you have a line in on your laptop you can link it the way thugsucker said.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by drewjonn View Post
    i have a fender amplifier for electric guitar. is it possible to use it? if not, then i dont have any other choice than getting a speaker.
    You could, but you need the right cable. Check what inputs the amp supports and if it's stereo (two same sockets instead of just one).

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Scalage View Post
    You could, but you need the right cable. Check what inputs the amp supports and if it's stereo (two same sockets instead of just one).
    so its actually fine for me to use the fender amp and rca cable for a while? i know that its gonna affect the sound quality but is it alright temporarily?

Tech Mentor

How should I know? I don't know which amp you use, what connections it has or if it's actually stereo or not.

Tech Mentor

well, since its guitar amplifier, not dj built speakers, there will be differences. or i'll just get a pair of affordable speakers. s-dj50x or krk rokit 5 which djtt actually sells. and is it possible to use only 1 speaker instead of a pair?

Tech Mentor

An amp is an amp, technically. But why would you spend a shedload of money on an SX2 and then only play on one speaker to save money? That makes no sense whatsoever. That's like buying a high performance car and driving it on those shitty chinese tires to save money.

Tech Mentor

let's say i will be dorming and it's prohibited to play it out loud and disturb others. so i am not doing this in my own studio. well i got the sx2 for performance and if one speaker gives decent sound, its enough for me. is it all about the sound's loudness? if so, one is enough for me.

Tech Mentor

It's not about loudness, it's about the whole sound experience. Mono just sounds awfully flat compared to stereo. Plus, you'll get tired pretty quickly of hearing sound in just one ear. You can just put the volume low when using two speakers. But if loudness is your only concern, why not just use the headphones?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Scalage View Post
    It's not about loudness, it's about the whole sound experience. Mono just sounds awfully flat compared to stereo. You can just put the volume low when using two speakers. But if loudness is your only concern, why not just use the headphones?
    i could have spent another 300 bucks minimum for a speaker, and its pretty much a lot. since headphones is about the mixing section, its different. i can just play in the club if i get better and feel the real speaker voice. i understand that the quality is better produced by a pair. but if i need to save for a while and buy mono at least for a year. its fine for me. as long as i get to know the sound i am doing.

Tech Mentor

Have you ever seen a youtube video where only one sound channel is coming through? Try it sometime, you'll realize you need a pair of speakers after about five minutes. Just google for "my left ear enjoyed this".
    You don't need massively expensive speakers in a small dormroom anyway. Those Rokit's you mentioned will do nicely. You can also check for second hand speakers. You won't believe what people put on ebay for very little money. I have two old 100w 3-way speakers and that's way overpowered for my room.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast