Sounds won't come from Serato
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Sounds won't come from Serato

Just got my DDJ SX-2 today, and it comes with the Serato full version. I don't understand why I can't hear anything when I am on my Serato, but I can hear it right from itunes. Is there anything wrong with my setup? I can hear the sound from nowhere, neither the laptop or the speaker. It just won't show from the Serato software, only when I input my laptop to controller, otherwise it works. I've also put the volume on max. What should I do? and does it have something to do with the controller too? or should is it just the software?
    Last edited by drewjonn; 12-09-2014 at 12:02 PM.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by drewjonn View Post
    I can hear the sound from nowhere, neither the laptop or the speaker. It just won't show from the Serato software, only when I input my laptop to controller, otherwise it works. I've also put the volume on max. What should I do? and does it have something to do with the controller too? or should is it just the software?
    sorry, i donīt understand that.

I never used Serato or that controller, but I guess itīs your audio output routing thatīs driving you mad.

Serato will route the audio through your controller (and not through your laptopīs onboard sound card).
    Make sure your speakers/stereo are/is plugged into your controller (and not to your laptop)?

MacBookPro 11,1 | i5 2,4GHz | 16 GB RAM | 256 GB SSD
    MacOSX 10.15.x | TraktorPro 3.x | VCI-100 SE FW 1.4 | VCI-400 SE (EGE)

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by c0nsul View Post
    sorry, i donīt understand that.

I never used Serato or that controller, but I guess itīs your audio output routing thatīs driving you mad.

Serato will route the audio through your controller (and not through your laptopīs onboard sound card).
    Make sure your speakers/stereo are/is plugged into your controller (and not to your laptop)?
    first time owning a controller so.. its a bit frustating for me. every cable is plugged right to the controller, only thing plugged to my laptop is the usb cable connecting it to sx2. i can tell that its actually like the controller blocking the software to produce sounds, and it doesnt show on speaker, neither on laptop itself. what kind of route should be changed? i feel like following the manuals so far.

Tech Mentor

dudes, seriously. i need help

dude, maybe say whats you computer specs, post screenshots from Serato settings, say how you connect speakers to the controller etc.

for now we just know you own a DDJ-SX2, computer and a speaker (one speaker?)
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Mentor

Ok, let's take it back a few steps. Is the crossfader in the middle and are the linefaders and master volume on the controller up? There's more to it than just the volume in Serato itself.

Tech Mentor

here guys, i am really sorry for not providing enough informations since i don't really know how to explain it. here's a screenshot of it being played and the sound doesnt come by the time. once i eject the usb cable between my mac and sx2, i can hear the sound once more. i hope it helps a little.

Screen Shot 2014-12-10 at 6.39.21 PM.jpg

i understand that the controller might be too complicated for a total newbie. and yes, the crossfader is in the middle, volumes up too.

Tech Mentor

Have you actually read the manual of your SX2? I own a DDJ-SR and the manual is readable for anybody (who can read of course ). You may just have missed a step somewhere.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    dude, maybe say whats you computer specs, post screenshots from Serato settings, say how you connect speakers to the controller etc.

for now we just know you own a DDJ-SX2, computer and a speaker (one speaker?)
    i try not to use speaker and start with only headphone and sound from my laptop. here, bundled usb cable from controller to laptop, and i connect my controller to the power and thats it. its pretty hard to describe it man

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Scalage View Post
    Have you actually read the manual of your SX2? I own a DDJ-SR and the manual is readable for anybody (who can read of course ). You may just have missed a step somewhere.
    i did. everything worked except the sound. i dont get it why its muted only when i connect them both. is it possible to use bluetooth speaker instead. i have a weird speaker, it comes with 2 speakers but only one cable connecting them both.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast