Direr need of help recording on Traktor with DJM900 and CDJ2000nexus - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

sounds like the pioneer drivers, which are always problems, you may need to roll back or upgrade.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    sounds like the pioneer drivers, which are always problems, you may need to roll back or upgrade.
    I doubt it. The same cdjs and mixer work on my boys computer and his recordings are crystal clear.

you're using the EXT as the record channel right? not that BS channel C thing.

Also there is all kinds of crazy gain staging going on in traktor... i'm assuming the channel gains are set to a reasonable level since you will be going external. Next you want to make sure the little dropdown in the headroom in traktor settings is set to "No Limiter" or something like that because you will be using the one in the mixer.

Finally check the gain knob on the recorder section, make sure your not coming in too hot.

If it sounds like "digital distortion", real granulated and choppy, then its your latency.

If it just sounds mega loud and is clipping the shit out of the track, then something somewhere is turned too loud.

Personally I think there is waaay to many gain controls in traktor, and when you start plugging in mixers or controllers, those channel gain knobs in traktor will still work independently of the controller and the master gain will still work independently of the master on the controller...potential for messing something up.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyFree View Post
    Sample rate is 44100. Latency 512 (overall 13.1ms). Should I raise it higher?
    Raise it then test, simple.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12