Traktor crashing when plugging into cdj2000 nexus

Angry Traktor crashing when plugging into cdj2000 nexus

Hey guys, I have been using a buddies setup to play each week because people think it "cool" and I have been running into an issue where traktor force closes with no notice and I loose all audio. Here is the setup and things Ive tried to fix it.

2 cdj 2000 nexus firmware v1.13
    1 djm 2000 nexus
    1 laptop running traktor 2.7.1

The cdjs were connected to the mixer via LAN cables, then connected to my laptop via USB, Finally connected to the mixer again with RCA's

With this setup I was able to route the Audio output in traktor to the cdjs (I installed latest cdj drivers for windows)
    everything works fine for about 35 minutes then the following happens.

Deck A will be playing, Deck B is stopped. I scroll through my playlist using the cdj rotary nob. I find a track to load and as soon as I press the nob in on Deck B traktor drops all audio and crashes.

I then switched up and ran a few other setups trying to isolate the problem.

I installed the djm 2000 nexus drivers onto my laptop and ran this setup:

one cdj 2000 (the same one from Deck A on the last setup) plugged into the laptop via USB, and into the mixer via RCA & LAN.

djm 2000 nexus plugged into my laptop and switched to usb mode on the channels

Laptop running traktor using the djm as the external mixer and sound card.

At this point I went to restart traktor just to make sure the settings for the djm took. When I went to do this I got a message from traktor saying it couldn't close because the cdj was being a cunt. I unplugged the cdj and traktor closed like I requested.

Once I plugged the cdj back in and loaded up traktor I was only able to play for about 5 minutes before I lost all audio and traktor crashed again. At this point I am thinking that there is a problem with the cdj (deck A)

I have not had the chance however to do the same test with the other cdj (deck b) I am planning on doing that tomorrow but just wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue in the past.

Thanks ahead of time.
    Setup - DJM-900Nexus, Kontrol F1, Kontrol x1 MK2, Lenovo Yoga 11s i7 8gig ram, 256 SSD.

For now, forget about connecting CDJ with RCA's to DJM and using them as soundcards -> use DJM as a soundcard. Install only DJM ASIO driver, uninstall any other drivers you maybe have (any other custom *tsi files uploaded into traktor?)
    Post the DJM's firmware version, maybe do a google search for known issues.

Try using DJM that way without CDJ connected (use mouse to play tracks in traktor). If everything works, try with CDJs
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    For now, forget about connecting CDJ with RCA's to DJM and using them as soundcards -> use DJM as a soundcard. Install only DJM ASIO driver, uninstall any other drivers you maybe have (any other custom *tsi files uploaded into traktor?)
    Post the DJM's firmware version, maybe do a google search for known issues.

Try using DJM that way without CDJ connected (use mouse to play tracks in traktor). If everything works, try with CDJs
    Good tips, I will try them out tonight for sure. I dont have any custom mappings on traktor however I downloaded one yesterday so I can use my F1 as a contoller if I get the djm to work. I will delete the cdj driver now, and get what version the djm is running tonight.
    Setup - DJM-900Nexus, Kontrol F1, Kontrol x1 MK2, Lenovo Yoga 11s i7 8gig ram, 256 SSD.

I had a huge issue when plugging into CDJ's as well. Turned out to be an issue with Pioneer's mappings. Ended up making my own for the 850 and 900 so far. Will have one for the 2000 and xdj as soon as they end up in the studio for a day.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by hellnegative View Post
    I had a huge issue when plugging into CDJ's as well. Turned out to be an issue with Pioneer's mappings. Ended up making my own for the 850 and 900 so far. Will have one for the 2000 and xdj as soon as they end up in the studio for a day.
    Nice, I havent even tried to use the cdjs again I am just using the djm2k for a soundcard then using my f1 with a track mapping in order to play tracks. I am hoping to get some time to play around some more here soon though.

Quote Originally Posted by wunderman4 View Post
    Hey guys, I have been using a buddies setup to play each week because people think it "cool" and I have been running into an issue where traktor force closes with no notice and I loose all audio. Here is the setup and things Ive tried to fix it.

2 cdj 2000 nexus firmware v1.13
    1 djm 2000 nexus
    1 laptop running traktor 2.7.1

The cdjs were connected to the mixer via LAN cables, then connected to my laptop via USB, Finally connected to the mixer again with RCA's

With this setup I was able to route the Audio output in traktor to the cdjs (I installed latest cdj drivers for windows)
    everything works fine for about 35 minutes then the following happens.

Deck A will be playing, Deck B is stopped. I scroll through my playlist using the cdj rotary nob. I find a track to load and as soon as I press the nob in on Deck B traktor drops all audio and crashes.

I then switched up and ran a few other setups trying to isolate the problem.

I installed the djm 2000 nexus drivers onto my laptop and ran this setup:

one cdj 2000 (the same one from Deck A on the last setup) plugged into the laptop via USB, and into the mixer via RCA & LAN.

djm 2000 nexus plugged into my laptop and switched to usb mode on the channels

Laptop running traktor using the djm as the external mixer and sound card.

At this point I went to restart traktor just to make sure the settings for the djm took. When I went to do this I got a message from traktor saying it couldn't close because the cdj was being a cunt. I unplugged the cdj and traktor closed like I requested.

Once I plugged the cdj back in and loaded up traktor I was only able to play for about 5 minutes before I lost all audio and traktor crashed again. At this point I am thinking that there is a problem with the cdj (deck A)

I have not had the chance however to do the same test with the other cdj (deck b) I am planning on doing that tomorrow but just wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue in the past.

Thanks ahead of time.
    I am having the SAME issue. It's always deck A too. I was messing around with some CDJ2000NXS with a DJM900NXS, witht he CDJs via USB Hub and the DJM straight to my laptop. Every once in a while when I would LOAD a track into Deck A, it would just crash the program. Always Deck A, the song I would load would work when I loaded it after restarting the program too. I even installed Traktor on my Windows partition just to check and it still did it. I also switched to using the CDJs as an aggregated soundcard and just using the DJM-900 as a mixer and that didn't help.

I think 2.7.1 messed up the support for the CDJs in all honesty. I sent them a support ticket and they just told me that I had corrupt mp3s. I don't think that's the issue... It's always Deck A and the tracks play on other attempts. Is there a way I can downgrade my Traktor into 2.6.8 again? Seriously.