S4 Channel D, two inputs
    Tech Guru

Default S4 Channel D, two inputs

I am DJing my cousin's wedding next week, and I'm wondering if I can have two inputs on channel D (Mic and iPod). I want the iPod on D just in case there is a computer failure and can play through that channel, but it seems like Mic is set up for channel D as well.

I would test it, but I don't have a mic on me.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

If I remember correctly, you can route the mic through deck D, or I believe it can just be independant from the decks. The only difference is no Fx or EQ if not routed to D. I have a MK 1. Not sure if it changed for the MK 2.

Tech Guru

That's not what I'm asking at all.

I'm asking if I can have both an iPod and mic into deck D simultaneously because the S4 only has one passthrough channel (deck D).

I had my Traktor crash on me during practice so I'm starting to get a bit nervous.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Sorry about that, what I was getting at was that I thought routing the mic through the Aux channel would free up Deck D for your iPod, but after checking the manual, that isn't the case.

Now I remember what I used to do......
    I would have the iPod cable at the back of the S4 ready to plug in if there was a problem. So in just a few seconds I could unplug the mic and plug in the iPod.
    Last edited by VanGogo; 12-10-2014 at 10:24 PM.

Tech Guru

Ah okay.

Thanks for the tip! Looking forward to this as it'll be my first time actually playing in front of people (even if it is family).

Good luck!

If there is a computer failure, your S4 will not work.

Tech Convert

Might be better to route the S4 through a separate mixer (perhaps where you are playing has one already installed) then you can have a HOT setup if Traktor fails you. (Plus it fixes your Mic issue too).

Sure you could pick up a cheap mixer to do the job.

Tech Wizard

This is my one problem with taking my S4 to weddings. It's why I kept my DDJ-SX around. You need to have backups for your backups when you are a mobile DJ.

Jimmyv, if the computer crashes, the S4 sound card will still work so you can run the iPod while rebooting your computer.