Ever accidentally buy a track twice? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm same way moostapha I buy a lot of albums or compilations so it happens lots I try to check ones I think and have caught it a few times

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I've lost count of the times I have bought a track only to realise that I was sent it weeks previously or it was waiting on the promo website for me to download but I just hadn't been bothered to check.

As for buying compilations - crikey I buy them for a bunch of tunes and end up with 7 or 8 versions of something. The worst culprit is deep house that I need for my Friday gig. Sometimes it's cheaper to just buy an album rather than 4 or 5 tracks off it.

I would love to know what my collection was like without the duplicates. I have a plan for the next SSD I'm gonna install. I'm gonna copy my gigging SSD and then run whatever application does the job best and see just how much crap I can get rid of.

Tech Guru

Its just karma for the songs we didnt pay for in the past.

I reckon ive done it 3 times this year lols.

Default jskizz

Yeah, plenty of times. Both Beatport and Google Music. Probably more then I should have, but I'm not too worried. It's usually because the song was hella worth it.

Oh man....I remember those days. Napster and my high school's T1 after hours was awesome. Those afternoons with our little pirate switch plugged into the back of the chem storage room are why I liked Metallica....which is pretty ironic in itself if you think about it.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Oh man....I remember those days. Napster and my high school's T1 after hours was awesome. Those afternoons with our little pirate switch plugged into the back of the chem storage room are why I liked Metallica....which is pretty ironic in itself if you think about it.
    Napster. You filthy newcomer.

We were trading mp2s (no joking) on Hotline for years before Napster.

Ya definitely the same track on an artist album and also a compilation. No biggy.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Happened a few times to me. Definitely annoying
    Aaron Benjamin
    soundcloud.com/djaaronbenjamin
    facebook.com/djaaronbenjamin

Tokyo/Toronto

Tech Mentor

Can say I was never big on the sharing sites. Always bought my stuff. P2P in my day was borrowing some records from someone
    A majority does seem to come from complilations , but I am fine since they are priced so well you still get a great deal on it.

Also noticed a lot of re-releases. Sometimes, I do not mind that because I can get a cleaner copy of a track I may have digitized off of my vinyl or bought on a lower bit rate (I encoded everything at 320, but would gladly take the lossless if it's re-released).

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post

I would love to know what my collection was like without the duplicates. I have a plan for the next SSD I'm gonna install. I'm gonna copy my gigging SSD and then run whatever application does the job best and see just how much crap I can get rid of.
    Keep us posted on what program you find is best. That is definitely a project I've been avoiding :-/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast