Ever accidentally buy a track twice?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ever accidentally buy a track twice?

I think I found a flaw in my shopping habits. I tend to shop at 2 online stores....and a couple times now, I've bought the same track on different days at both of them. I'm not talking about vinyl doubles, I mean 2 copies of the exact same digital file.

A few dollars here and there isn't a big deal, and I guess that means I really like the tracks. But....is that weird? Has anyone else done that by accident?

Tech Wizard

I just bought a track twice on beatport with their recent big savings, one at 25 and another at the 50% sale. Normally beatport warns you when you're about to buy the same track so I have no clue how I managed to pull that one off.
    ***13' Macbook Pro medio 2014, 2x Technics SL 1200, Allen & Heath Xone 42, Boss Digital Delay 7 ***
    ###TECHNO OR DEATH###

The way I usually wind up with doubles is if Ive already purchased the track then wind up purchasing an album with the same track on it. I also keep both copies of the file I may name one track differntly than the other.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

Never lol. I don't go nuts on tracks so I always know if I already own it or not

I've done it twice. I vow to try to never do it again.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Guru

Coming from the days of CDs, Best Of's, Boxed Sets, Greatest Hits, etc...there are some tracks I have over a dozen times!

Digitally, I have a subscription service that sends 80-100 mp3s a month (Prime Cuts). There is some degree of duplication between that and individual purchases I have made (20-ish a year...???). As long as I buy the single BEFORE it's on the subscription I don't feel too bad.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

A print screen of your purchase & a quick browse before you purchase again would most likely solve this problem.

I have not purchased anything twice before but I have purchased alot of tracks and /facepalmed about it afterwards.

Tech Mentor

PLENTY of times unfortunately. I get music from cd pools and buy from several different stores. My new procedure is to scan my iTunes library before I hit the purchase button. The most frustrating is when you buy a track on beatport, then you get the same track in a pool the next day.
    Another way I buy dupes when I am totally conscious of it is when I grab those compilations from my favorite labels. It's at that point where I scan every track and see how many I will be duping. Sometimes, I'll accept 10 duplicates if I'm getting the other 40 tracks for $10.

Yeah...that's the problem....I tend to buy tracks in batches, and searching my existing collection has apparently been too much of a PITA. So, instead I just facepalmed.

It's really annoying when they have different cover arts, 'cuz depending on how sorting algorithms work, it might take me a little while to even notice.

Tech Mentor

Been updating my cover art to be more consistent, too... another big pain. But, it has been part of my workflow lately... sharpens up those motor reflexes from when I used to spot the record in the crate by the sleeve and color of the label.

BTW... just was sent a track from one of my pools that I had sitting in my Beatport crate for a month. Of course I bought it last week because I had the coupon and wanted to play it at a gig. :/
    Oh well, that is the occurrence that is out of my control!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast