VCI-100 jog wheel sensitivity dial not the same on left as right...

Default VCI-100 jog wheel sensitivity dial not the same on left as right...

Does anyone else have this issue?

With my Vestax VCI-100, the right jog wheel can be set so that it's A LOT more sensitive than the left.

For instance, I can set the right so that it responds to only the smallest tip of my finger. With the left side, I can't get it that sensitive. Don't get me wrong, the left side works, and works well, it just seems like the sensitivity on the right side can tuner to a much finer degree.

The unit is brand new, and I tried taking it back when I first got it, but they weren't convinced that it didn't work properly.

It's not a big deal to me, since I have the sensitivity set to activate with about 2 fingers...But I'm still just curious...

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Get the simple stuff out of the way, just to be sure.

You played with the sensitivity dials on the back of the unit?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

might be the wrong sensitivity, but worth a look, can you change the sensitivity in the tsi, same way you can in a tks? (i'm assuming traktor pro)

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

another thought;
    read something similar to this ages ago (april kind of time) when i was looking into getting one, someone had the thought that it might be because, traditionally, alot of scratching tends to be done on the right hand deck, as majority of people/djs (if you can call djs people) are right handed.

might be bollocks, but thought i'd throw it in the hat

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Get the simple stuff out of the way, just to be sure.

You played with the sensitivity dials on the back of the unit?
    Yup.

This was one of the first things I noticed about the sensitivity dials. When you turn the sensitivity dials all the way counterclockwise (I think), the red sensor light stays on. I started turning both in the opposite direction, until the red light turned off, and I noticed the degree of sensitivity at that point isn't the samme on both sides. With the right side (at that point), you can touch it with your fingertip, even rapidly, and you can see the red light go on and off. With the left side, (at that point), if you touch it, the sensor light doesn't respond as quickly, and even stays on at some points.

I tend to be really nitpicky whenever I buy pretty much anything. I always want something new to work flawlessly. So I just chalked this up to be a character flaw. I tend to sleep easier that way.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Alright, well, first, the sensitivity is based on the connection of the screws to the plate. The screws themselves recognize the signal, so if you touch them directly on either place it should turn on and off instantly.

If it doesn't on the left, I'd say remove those screws, move them to different holes and see if putting them back in changes it for the better. Also, try making the left side more sensitive, but still not all the way, and see if that helps. They aren't the exact same parts, so one side might need a tighter sensitivity.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    another thought;
    read something similar to this ages ago (april kind of time) when i was looking into getting one, someone had the thought that it might be because, traditionally, alot of scratching tends to be done on the right hand deck, as majority of people/djs (if you can call djs people) are right handed.

might be bollocks, but thought i'd throw it in the hat
    That's already way beyond my understanding of this type of gear.

What exactly is a .TKS and how is it different from a .TSI file?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

A TKS is a Traktor 3 settings file.
    A TSI is a Traktor PRO settings file.

They cant be confused or interchanged. If you have Traktor Pro ignore anything about TKS it does not apply to you. People often say TKS when they mean TSI cus they came from Traktor to Pro.

I noticed my right jog wheel wasnt as sensitive as the left and it was just a case of cleaning it . I use the right to scratch way to much and i also still have that old vinyl habit of licking my finger and making it tacky before i scratch (yeuch). The jog wheel was just mucky !!!