Traktor browse skips some songs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Traktor browse skips some songs

I'm having this weird problem where my browse knob on my S4 is skipping some songs while browsing. If I click it then browse up and down, it'll skip another song one above or one below.

Any suggestions?

It's not that big of a deal since I can always click with my mouse, but it's a little annoying.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Tech Mentor

What version are you on? I noticed this lately on the 2.7.1 version I run on my home machine. Has to be a bug. A very annoying one, though :-/

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    I'm having this weird problem where my browse knob on my S4 is skipping some songs while browsing. If I click it then browse up and down, it'll skip another song one above or one below.

Any suggestions?

It's not that big of a deal since I can always click with my mouse, but it's a little annoying.

go into your preference and make sure it is set to go incruments of one

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRome View Post
    What version are you on? I noticed this lately on the 2.7.1 version I run on my home machine. Has to be a bug. A very annoying one, though :-/
    I'm on the latest version.

I don't think it's a mapping issue as I'm using beaubryte's DJTT mapping. I really doubt he didn't do an increment of 1.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Tech Mentor

I noticed mine doing 5 or 10. I've had a lot of weird little bugs, so I just wrote it off as such. Now that I see others having it I know it may have nothing or little to do with my mapping.
    Still going to run 2.6.8 on my gigging machine with Maveicks. Has been fine (knock on wood).

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Has to be a bug.
    Well no it doesn't. I haven't heard of this before. It could be a mapping issue due to the changes in assignment behaviour in 2.7.1 as opposed to 2.6.8

Now that I see others having it I know it may have nothing or little to do with my mapping.
    That actually suggests it's more likely to be a custom mapping issue. It's not affecting the default mapping.

Check your tsi - If it ain't that then let's look at something else but rule the simplest cause first.

Tech Mentor

Thanks. I'll look, but I don't have a custom mapping on that computer. It mainly happened when I tried using the browse on an X1 instead of the S2... Maybe it's a mapping thing on that. It doesn't happen often. Maybe Ill see if I can replicate it somehow.
    Also had an instance where deck A of my S2 started controlling the remix deck in deck C halfway through a set. I fixed it by resetting the type of deck.
    Either way, I don't have these problems on my gigging laptop, so I am not too concerned. NI usually irons them out or they become one of those one off occurrences that may be computer related (that machine has multiple sound cards and is also used in music production). Tech guys at work used to call them "gremlins" .

Tech Mentor

If this behavior occurs since update from 2.6 to 2.7 your TraktorSettings-file may be corrupt!
    This helped solving a lot of issues, maybe it works on your problems too!

close traktor and delete "Traktor Settings.tsi", then restart and try again.

OSX path: documents > native instruments > Traktor 2.7.x > Traktor Settings.tsi

MacBookPro 11,1 | i5 2,4GHz | 16 GB RAM | 256 GB SSD
    MacOSX 10.15.x | TraktorPro 3.x | VCI-100 SE FW 1.4 | VCI-400 SE (EGE)

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by c0nsul View Post
    If this behavior occurs since update from 2.6 to 2.7 your TraktorSettings-file may be corrupt!
    This helped solving a lot of issues, maybe it works on your problems too!

close traktor and delete "Traktor Settings.tsi", then restart and try again.

OSX path: documents > native instruments > Traktor 2.7.x > Traktor Settings.tsi
    If you do that then you must first back that file up and also backup any external/custom tsi which I'm guessing both users have.

Tech Mentor

Thanks c0nsul. I did that after reading another post you mentioned it in. Haven't had much time to play extensively with it since, but will keep running it is through its paces to see if I can replicate things.
    I do, however, expect to run into minor problems on this machine because it does run Yosemite and has older MOTU PCI sound cards plugged in as well. A lot going on and most of which are not given the ok by NI in the first place (Yosemite). It's my main production box that I initialize all my music on before it hits my gigging laptop.

Thanks guys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast