connect studio monitor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default connect studio monitor

Hi I decide to buy monitors and I decide to buy krk rokit.But I dont know can I connect it directly to PC sound card and is it good ? I hope that you understand question.

It will not work. PC sound cards do not have the power required to run them. you need an interface. If all you want to do is run the soundcard your 2 best options are to get the behringer uc series for around 30 bucks (shit quality) or the traktor audio 2 (better quality) for around 100 bucks. You could also invest in a proper interface if you plan on producing and recording, Presonus and Focusrite make some of the best budget ones.

you should have a series of connections on the back of the unit. a 1/4", xlr and possibly even an RCA. you will need speaker cables (usually xlr to 1/4) connect those XLR from speaker into the interface 1/4". one for left the other for right

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by calgarc View Post
    It will not work. PC sound cards do not have the power required to run them. you need an interface. If all you want to do is run the soundcard your 2 best options are to get the behringer uc series for around 30 bucks (shit quality) or the traktor audio 2 (better quality) for around 100 bucks. You could also invest in a proper interface if you plan on producing and recording, Presonus and Focusrite make some of the best budget ones.

you should have a series of connections on the back of the unit. a 1/4", xlr and possibly even an RCA. you will need speaker cables (usually xlr to 1/4) connect those XLR from speaker into the interface 1/4". one for left the other for right

Hey thanks for the answer now I need to find some other speakers because I have 150€ budget

Tech Mentor

It will work your just sending a line level output from your pc or whatever to the monitors.

An interface will produce better sound but it is not essential to run the monitors.

You will need a 3.5mm jack to twin rca cable, one side of the rca cable to each monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Scott View Post
    It will work your just sending a line level output from your pc or whatever to the monitors.

An interface will produce better sound but it is not essential to run the monitors.

You will need a 3.5mm jack to twin rca cable, one side of the rca cable to each monitor.

the actual chip in the soundcard is not powerfull enough to drive such speakers. I have messed around with it in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Serinho View Post
    Hey thanks for the answer now I need to find some other speakers because I have 150€ budget
    if you want to use the speakers go the behringer route. its cheap and effective for around 30USD possibly cheaper http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/UCA202.aspx

Hardware Q, hardware forum.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by calgarc View Post
    the actual chip in the soundcard is not powerfull enough to drive such speakers. I have messed around with it in the past.
    The chip has nothing to do with 'driving' sound.

If the KRKs are active and not passive monitors, they will output sound just fine. You will just have a lower SNR ratio, and possibly a less sample accurate output than a decent soundcard.

But it works perfectly for what the OP wants.

Tech Wizard

Ok thanks all and waht do you think about tannoy 402 ?

Tech Convert

yes what do you think about tannoy 402 + audio 2 mk2 + headphone in same time
    This is the best part of the trip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast