Who is the APC Mini designed for

Default Who is the APC Mini designed for

Is it designed for the producer or the performance artist or the EDM junkie.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

The Ableton Performer. It is great for Live PA via Ableton. I wish they would release a version with knobs instead of buttons.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

People who want to launch clips and do very basic level mixing....so, DJs and live performers using Ableton either with audio or midi-based lighting controls.

I'm not sure what it really gives producers except a convenient interface to sketch out song structure once you've got all your loops and what not.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Performers who want a small, portable and/or cheap device. It's their answer to the smaller Launchpads. It's also a nice way for Ableton newbies to get their feet wet (although I think the APC Key 25 is a better option for this).