No MIDI signal from CDJ 850s on new Macbook Pro retina with OSX 10.9.5

Default No MIDI signal from CDJ 850s on new Macbook Pro retina with OSX 10.9.5

Anyone else experiencing this or have any insight on what the issue could be? I put a post up on Pioneer's forums but I figured I'd ask here as well.

I've been fiddling with this for a few days, and have run out of ideas on how to get these things to work. They work perfectly on my old Macbook Air running 10.7, but my new laptop fails to receive any kind of MIDI signal. The CDJs are recognized as audio interfaces, however, and function normally.

I have the 850's set up running through a USB 2.0 hub plugged into a USB 3.0 port on the laptop. I read that some people with the same problem had some success with this but for me it makes no difference whether they're plugged in directly or through the hub.

I also tried this workaround to no avail. Audio/MIDI setup does initially label them as USB MIDI Device and does show them as Pioneer CDJ-850 after a rescan but I'm still not seeing any signal in MIDI Monitor.

The CDJs are running firmware version 1.0.0. I saw there is a firmware update available from Pioneer support, but the release notes don't say anything about fixing this issue, and I'm hesitant to install the update unless it's going to fix the problem.

All of the other MIDI devices I've tested on this laptop function normally. Is there anything I can do to get these things up and running? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Chairmonkey View Post
    The CDJs are running firmware version 1.0.0. I saw there is a firmware update available from Pioneer support, but the release notes don't say anything about fixing this issue, and I'm hesitant to install the update unless it's going to fix the problem.
    First rule: install the latest firmware. There is no reason not to.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    First rule: install the latest firmware. There is no reason not to.
    Except for stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chairmonkey View Post
    Except for stuff like this.
    Thats a whole different story

You are trying to map them as controllers in Traktor or...?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2