Traktor Kontrol X1 Announced! - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2009/1...ode/#more-8202

High-Res using a proprietary protocol.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Trust me it rips the arse out of the A&H 1d.
    The 1d doesnt even compare.
    how?

Can you loop 2 together to keep the usb port free or do you need 3 x usb ports?

That's pretty key.

I reckon it looks like the nuts to be honest!
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Wizard

wish it had mixer controls. want less gear to plug in, not more!
    granted, it's geared toward time code control folk.

will still keep using the vci-100 se.
    benny blanco®
    blancodisco.com

Setup: VCI-100 SE 1.4, MidiFighter, Audio 8, Audio 2, Griffin PowerMate, WD Passport 500GB, MacBookPro 8GB RAM, Uberstand, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Trainspotter, iPhone 4, TouchOSC & Noel's 4D Templates

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    http://createdigitalmusic.com/2009/1...ode/#more-8202

High-Res using a proprietary protocol.
    But that only works in Traktor (and to me just sounds like a dressed up HID interface)

Admittedly it seems a portion of digital dj's want a pre-mapped device like this (because they don't learn how to make custom mappings), but beyond them, I find it has a narrow scope and functionality you could find on a dozen other controllers.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Possibly but the X1 has been designed to work intuitively with Traktor with multi function buttons its way more powerful than the 1D and a lot easier to use with Traktor. It also has a little trick up its sleeve to make it communicate with traktor .
    It's sounding better and better

Quote Originally Posted by innervoice View Post
    But that only works in Traktor (and to me just sounds like a dressed up HID interface)

Admittedly it seems a portion of digital dj's want a pre-mapped device like this (because they don't learn how to make custom mappings), but beyond them, I find it has a narrow scope and functionality you could find on a dozen other controllers.
    I think its more of a matter of it being designed to really work with other control methods to address a specific workflow that seems to be missing with those control methods without using things like shift keys, modifiers, or the computer keyboard. Specifically dealing with fx, browsing, and looping which seem to be an afterthought in most other control methods.
    2 x Techinics 1200 mkIIs, SL1, Pioneer DJM-500, Novation Dicer, Stanton 680 carts, Acer Aspire 1410 11" Netbook
    ----------------------------------------------------

http://twitter.com/djlokifl

To the two people that are asking about linking it ... yes you can, so 2 units only need one usb port pn your lappy
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

yeah this is def aimed more at DVS users than the straight up digital dj, my insatiable gearlust dictates that I want them pretty bad but when I think about how this would integrate into my current setup (2 x vci100) it does not offer many advantages.

Im sure we are going to see some very interesting controllers come out of NI in the next year!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    To the two people that are asking about linking it ... yes you can, so 2 units only need one usb port pn your lappy
    how is this done? can you change to midi channel of each device. Will there be a NI supported editor.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast