Traktor Kontrol X1 Announced! - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    I've had enough of your propaganda Karlos. BEGONE!
    sickening isnt it.

Im just offering a bit of balance.

If it was gold plated and delivered with a free Playboy Bunny it would still be huge mistake.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    I dont get the big fuss over NI making a controller designed to work really well with NI software.

If you dont like it dont buy one. Whats the big deal. I dont see any close mindedness at all.
    I'm posting since it was a thread about the device and didn't think my criticism warranted a new one. I'm not looking to rain on anyone's parade but I figure my feedback is legit, at least on some level.

Not looking to make waves, just encourage healthy discussion.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Er ... dude. My post didnt criticize you. Im just discussing the topic like you are.
    Bit confused at your post.
    I think youve taken something the wrong way.

Your entitled to your opinion as much as anyone.
    Confused???

Tech Convert

My bad then. I must have misread your post. I thought I was getting flack for posting.

Sorry about that. That'll teach me to use DJTT as a quick distraction from work

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

The last thing anyone's gonna do is give you flack for posting. We're just going to continue the discussion.

Anybody gives you shit just for posting, you let me know. I have some pretty little buttons to make them go away
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Looks awesome. as long as its below $500NZD i'm gonna get one when they come out, should have a job by then lol. I would set it up for global effects and deck c&d control.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by innervoice View Post
    That's where I really don't agree (respectfully of course). There's tons of existing devices which do this and a whole lot more, and for cheaper. FX, Browsing, Looping, etc, they are all just mapped to a button. What that button is is completely arbitrary and completely up to you (unless you use someone else's mapping).

Just seems like a big waste of money, masked by the language of marketing. I hope I'm wrong because I'm finding less and less reason to use Traktor these days.
    Exactly...They are mapped to...Thats what I am saying. This is more of a purpose built controller. It is aimed specifically to fill in the gaps, not replace. You can map out extensively a controller to include anything included here, but then you add something like this to the market, and it makes less sense to try to make another controller fit. I am considering switching to DVS, and see this as a controller that is there to fill in the control gaps with DVS.

Thats my view on it anyways, that NI didnt make this to replace your control method, but rather to augment it.
    2 x Techinics 1200 mkIIs, SL1, Pioneer DJM-500, Novation Dicer, Stanton 680 carts, Acer Aspire 1410 11" Netbook
    ----------------------------------------------------

http://twitter.com/djlokifl

Im digging this controller alot. Mainly the one knob loop seems really intriguing. I currently have the x-session pro which is great but this seems to take all the things extra I need and put them in a controller. Then you get a mixer and you're set.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    They can. Anyone can freely remap the device completely.
    NI have designed it to be used 'intuitively' with Traktor. Of course they have.
    If you use Traktor you will use the NI protocol. If you use other software you will use Midi.

I dont get the big fuss over NI making a controller designed to work really well with NI software.

If you dont like it dont buy one. Whats the big deal. I dont see any close mindedness at all.

I just dont get all this "oh open source is way more cool" and this opposition to NI . Who cares. Mixx can do whatever they like. Their hardly likely to bring NI to its knees just cus its made a controller.

Just the typical obsession people have with rubbishing everything the big bad NI do.

Its just a controller for gods sake (a bloody well made and cheap one at that)

???baffled???
    1) no you cannot just map the control like you want, because you do not have the same access to traktor that NI gave themselves with their custom protocol.

2) its not that NI will be brought to its knees because they released a controller. its because they continue to fence themselves off more and more with everything they do.

3) open source by its very nature doesnt fence itself off. that being said the disruptive force that will move things out from "fenced off" can be anything. noticed i mentioned bitwig, which i do not expect to be open source. it could also be ableton with max4live partnering with serato. the point being .. one day there will be someone that enables something that NI hasnt prepared themselves for, that becomes big so quickly that they cannot deliver it themselves in time and that nobody else can deliver for them, because they have closed themselves off. it might be stuff on the GUI level, the controller level or any combination or something totally different.

4) note that i am a very experienced software developer first and only a n00b musician. i know how this stuff works in the software world, but the ignorance with which MIK's licensing policies are met by musicians does indicate to me that musicians think different with stuff like this. so maybe my views are too much influenced by my knowledge of the software market and not enough by the music eco system.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

for me personally if something is built specifically for a piece of software then I much prefer that, maybe because having only recently got into all this understanding midi is v confusing, I just want to mix tunes and have fun playing around nothing more nothing less and for £355 for two at djdeals that's well as cheap as a vci 100, even though I have just bought a Xone 4D i can see these as a nice addition.

will hopefully get to test one out in the next few weeks if my local store gets one.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast