Traktor Kontrol X1 Announced! - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Do I understand thet correctly, so as soon i remap the controller also in traktor i lose the new protocol and its features? Can someone confirm that?

Tech Mentor

i must say, when i first looked at the thread, i was skeptical about it. but i took a look at the photos and i must say, im very interested in finding someone who has it locally and checking it out. obviously i need to make sure it would fill my needs properly, but it has a serious amount of potential.

Tech Mentor

did someone say that it was able to be used with any other software or be reconfigured? because im reading the overview and it says it is able to send midi to any software and be reconfigured...

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by djalexlaine View Post
    did someone say that it was able to be used with any other software or be reconfigured? because im reading the overview and it says it is able to send midi to any software and be reconfigured...
    it can run in two modes. the primary one is a proprietary protocol that will have fixed assignments from my reading, but that does various things you cannot do via MIDI in terms of resolution and more importantly LED feedback. there is also a MIDI mode, which will allow you to do custom mappings albeit at a lower resolution and more importantly without the super fancy LED feedback magic.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Too bad. I think everybody would remap at least some buttons on the controller, but then you lose the fancy stuff.

You're all speculative idiots. Unless you have one of these devices in front of you quit giving your view on how you think it will work because people who don't know better are taking that view as gospel.

Got it?

Tech Guru

Default Re: Traktor Kontrol X1 Announced!

what your language. we simply trust what the NI guy said in the interview on DJTT.
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Just to clarify- there was some confusion as to the configurability of the X1 while in native communication mode (non midi). NI is now telling us that mode is fully configurable just as you would modify a midi TSI file. We cant verify how well this actually works but its good news for keeping things open.

Tech Guru

that is indeed good news ..
    i would have still hoped for them to have used an open protocol like OSC because that would mean i could do similar fancy things with say Ableton's emerging OSC support and also i could get an Ohm/Mononome and do fancy stuff too. But at the very least this should make it more fun to remain inside the NI eco-system.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
    1) no you cannot just map the control like you want, because you do not have the same access to traktor that NI gave themselves with their custom protocol.
    Sorry mate but thats wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by EanGolden View Post
    Just to clarify- there was some confusion as to the configurability of the X1 while in native communication mode (non midi). NI is now telling us that mode is fully configurable just as you would modify a midi TSI file. We cant verify how well this actually works but its good news for keeping things open.
    Which is what i said earlier and ive been saying all along.

To reiterate . It is fully mappable whether using NIs own protocol or switching it to Midi Mode.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast