itunes: moved track, cant relocate in traktor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default itunes: moved track, cant relocate in traktor

hey guys..

i am about to switch completely to itunes for music organisation (but dont want itunes to copy anything, tbh i'm afraid doing so, cause it might mess everything up).

my workflow is that i put my new tracks in a itunes playlist, tag, rate and comment them and then move them into their genre folders. itunes has them in the right playlist, which i can see in the itunes node in traktor. unfortunately traktor still thinks they are in their old location (even though i accessed them through the itunes node) and therefore cant open them (missing file). relocating doesnt do anything.

the itunes library is correctly set in the traktor prefs and the xml file itself updates accordingly.

any suggestions to this problem..
    thanks in advance
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Mentor

I would recommend to allow iTunes to manage your songs. Just because you don´t have to mess around with an own folder structure.

Whenever you change in iTunes an album or artist name, iTunes changes its place in the (iTunes) folder structure. So in Traktor you have to re-import your collection and check its consistency! Then, Traktor will show you missing tracks, which can be re-located. You can relocate each single song or let Traktor relocate all songs by re scanning the whole collection.

Have a look into the manual. Chapter 5.10: Verwaltung der Collection
    Last edited by c0nsul; 12-19-2014 at 10:08 AM.

MacBookPro 11,1 | i5 2,4GHz | 16 GB RAM | 256 GB SSD
    MacOSX 10.15.x | TraktorPro 3.x | VCI-100 SE FW 1.4 | VCI-400 SE (EGE)

nothing changes if i let itunes organise the media folder.

i have my dj tracks elswhere. did you mean i should let itunes also copy files into the media folder?

if i relocate the tracks within traktor in the itunes node, nothing happens, in the file info of traktor, the tracks are still shown with its old paths, itunes shows them in the new (correct) one.
    Last edited by basspenetrator; 12-20-2014 at 01:56 PM.
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook

anybody?
    soundcloud
    facebook

found this on the trainspotter homepage and it works sometimes when i "get info" in itunes, go to the file tab and then press ok. which is pretty annoying

Any relocation of tracks that you do in Trainspotter are also refected in iTunes. I have seen an issue where sometimes the iTunes Library xml file does not get updated with the new file path of a track that’s been moved, however this doesn’t affect iTunes itself (the itunes database still contains the correct value for the
    location of the track), and you can force it to update by right click “Get Info” on the moved tracks and clicking OK to force iTunes to reread files and write the iTunes Library xml.
    http://www.tspotter.net/news
    Last edited by basspenetrator; 12-22-2014 at 07:29 AM.
    soundcloud
    facebook

Tech Mentor

have you set your music folder in traktor properly?

yep, both the itunes library and the music folder
    soundcloud
    facebook

Tech Convert

I've always used iTunes to organize music but I hate using the "Itunes folder" in traktor, mostly because of the issue your speaking of.

Instead I keep all music in a folder on my second drive, its then drag and dropped into itunes. Organized and then dragged and dropped into traktor. The location of the file will never change, my playlists are organized, and I still have itunes to quickly search through to find songs in case of a request. Which then I drop into a request folder I clean out every one and a while.

Tech Mentor

ok, maybe Traktor isn´t your problem. Try re-importing your songs in iTunes via Ablage > zur Mediathek hinzufügen> then select all your music folders. iTUnes will rescan your media.
    Then open Traktor, open iTunes node in there, select your songs, right click, import to collection. After this, make a consistency check.

it sometimes works, with a combination of refreshing the itunes tags, closing itunes, refreshing the library in traktor..
    Last edited by basspenetrator; 01-24-2015 at 10:30 AM.
    soundcloud
    facebook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast