Complete Beginners Question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Complete Beginners Question

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the complete beginner question,

My DJTT Custom VCI-100 arrived today, and so i'm just setting it up. I installed the Traktor 3 LE which came with it and then upgraded it to Traktor Pro. I then went to the DJTT mapping section and downloaded the VCI-100SE 2_4 (Tpro 1.2).tsi.

So then having downloaded, installed and activated Traktor Pro, i then went to "Preferences" in Traktor, went to "import" in the bottom left corner and imported the tsi, leaving everything ticked.

So having the usb connected from vci to macbook pro, i can't seem to get the two to recognise each other. I'm pressing buttons, sliding faders etc, but not seems to be happening on T-Pro.

Have i missed out something blatantly obvious?

Thanks,

Stephen.

have you turned it on?
    has the macbook recognised that something is connected?
    have you checked the right box(es) in the midi setup options? - i assume this is in the same place as all the other preferences? still use T3

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Wizard

It's plugged in via usb from vci to macbook. The lights are on, so it's pretty much on :P

Not sure if the macbook has recognised if it's connected or not, how do i find this out?

As for midi setup options, do you mean the options you are asked once loading the .tsi file?

Thanks,

Stephen.

Tech Convert

Looks like youre using a tsi file for "Traktor pro" ..

Try one for traktor 3 instead

Tech Wizard

I'm using Traktor Pro though, i mentioned that i upgraded Traktor 3 LE to Traktor Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by steveymac View Post
    It's plugged in via usb from vci to macbook. The lights are on, so it's pretty much on :P.
    sounds on

Not sure if the macbook has recognised if it's connected or not, how do i find this out?.
    use windows so not sure, do macs make a noise when things are connected? that would be a good indication

As for midi setup options, do you mean the options you are asked once loading the .tsi file?.
    erm... *looks around for karlos or bento to save me*

i think, if what i've googled is correct, it's a seperate option in the preferences tab - at least it is/was in 3, under midi settings you had hotkey set-up, midi set-up and midi device (or something like that), i guess it might be the same in pro? if so, look to see if the box next to the vci is checked

or read the manual
    Last edited by BradCee; 11-03-2009 at 02:21 PM.

SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by HauZ KiD View Post
    Looks like youre using a tsi file for "Traktor pro" ..

Try one for traktor 3 instead
    he's running pro

I installed the Traktor 3 LE which came with it and then upgraded it to Traktor Pro.
    so it's the tsi he wants

SoundCloud

Tech Wizard

I've gone into "preferences" and into "controller manager". Here it has "Generic Keyboard" selected as it's default option. I have the drop down option to change this to "VCI-100 - Generic MIDI" which sounds good.

But upon leaving the preferences screen, the controller resets back to "Generic Keyboard".

Heres a screenshot of what's going on

Stephen

well, first time i've seen the t-pro prefs screen, but it looks right to me, all the stuff i'd expect to say vci/vestax/whatever it was calling it said [that]

what does the 'edit' button under generic midi do? could you remove keyboard as an option? thinking if so that might force it to stay on vci?

also, i notice the audio has a red square over it and the big red bar saying 'check output routing' would that have an affect? what interface are you using for sound?

SoundCloud

just looked again at the pic, what does the device target drop down do? saw it was set to 'focus', does that just mean the target deck, i.e a,b,c or d or whichever is in 'focus', or is that related to which control it uses?

SoundCloud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast