Traktor Beatgridding: Any tips for speeding this up? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Convert

Thank you for all the tips and advice, I do appreciate.

Apparently it's practice that makes this go faster. I'm also going to try Ean's keyboard mapping as well as I don't have access to my S8 all the time (I do beat gridding at work in off-times to get through my collection).

Again, thanks and I appreciate it.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    I need to try Ean's mapping, but really....it only takes a little longer than beatmatching.

Now, as for your step 2....I haven't found that necessary except when I (on a whim) bought a disco track from the 70s or when I tried an ill-conceived remix project several years ago. If you have to warp a modern dance track in Live, you've probably done something really boneheaded. Also, if (like most people) you're buying mp3s and then warping and re-encodng, you just destroyed anything resembling sound quality. So if you do have to do that, don't convert back to mp3. Aiff can still hold metadata.

But, then, I'm apparently the anti-mp3 zealot of DJTT, and I'll argue against them in their entirety until the format dies or I do.
    Yeah, I understand about the degradation in sound when re-encoding and MP3 and I probably will keep it an loss-less format. Good catch. Thanks

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I've had the Loop Recorder section on the S4 mapped to track preparation for years and years.
    I've done the same on the S2 using the Loop In/Out buttons on each deck cus I have never in all my time used those buttons on either the S4 or S2.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12