Can someone give me some feedback on the DDM4000

Default Can someone give me some feedback on the DDM4000

Im thinking about purchasing one and would like some honest down to earth feedback on the build quality, usage, $$$$$ to feature ratio etc. Your help would be very welcomed in this decision.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

This was a badass mixer at the time but most reports suggest the build quality is a bit shit, the features on it are good tho.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

$$$$$ to feature ratio
    Nothing comes even slightly close to the number of features, e.g. custom EQ, Frequency X-Faders, etc ... and they do last if they are looked after. Not to mention the 3yr warranty on all Behringer gear now

Just a shame they have never updated it with a Soundcard and USB midi.

However, if its just the midi control aspect that you want, there are other options in the same price range e.g. American Audio MXR14.

Hi, I think you should go with Xone series!
    Are you proposing that you'll send him the extra $900 ?

Quote Originally Posted by soulful44 View Post
    Hi, I think you should go with Xone series!
    really helpfull.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Nothing comes even slightly close to the number of features, e.g. custom EQ, Frequency X-Faders, etc ... and they do last if they are looked after. Not to mention the 3yr warranty on all Behringer gear now

Just a shame they have never updated it with a Soundcard and USB midi.

However, if its just the midi control aspect that you want, there are other options in the same price range e.g. American Audio MXR14.
    A friend of mine used it for a couple of years, and his opinion is the same as yours. What is the price of a new one?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    A friend of mine used it for a couple of years, and his opinion is the same as yours. What is the price of a new one?
    $350 or thereabouts

I loved the DDM4K. Loved it.

I never had any issues with it - BUT, it stayed in one location. How it would hold up to being transported on a regular basis is anyone's guess.

But, for the money, it's one hell of a fun mixer!!!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Default Can someone give me some feedback on the DDM4000

Lots of features! In use, it could've been better thought out regarding button placement and workflow but that could just be personal preference. The time I've messed with it, it was the best mixer for the price compared to other mixers in that price bracket. If strapped for cash, i'd go for one. Just save your receipts and boxes in case you get a lemon.
    Last edited by mrdorianjames; 12-27-2014 at 04:57 AM.
    Traktor Z2, Numark TTX1,Ableton Live 9/Push,Roland TR8,Eurorack modular
    Techno/Experimental

Quote Originally Posted by mrdorianjames View Post
    Lots of features! In use, it could've been better thought out regarding button placement and workflow but that could just be personal preference.
    Considering the design is 8 years old I think Behringer did pretty well, with the exception of that damn headphone socket which is the weirdest placement ever.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Considering the design is 8 years old I think Behringer did pretty well, with the exception of that damn headphone socket which is the weirdest placement ever.
    The headphone socket is one of those things that I was referring to. That and FX section being below the eq but above the channel fader. Of course your right, it's 8 year old design.
    Traktor Z2, Numark TTX1,Ableton Live 9/Push,Roland TR8,Eurorack modular
    Techno/Experimental