What do you use as SND/RTN hardware for your Xone:92 ?

Default What do you use as SND/RTN hardware for your Xone:92 ?

Hi !

I would like to add some effects to my Xone:92 but I'm afraid to buy something because
    people all over the internet are having problems with either volume or phasing.

Have you found something that works for you ?

Cheers

I used the Kaoss Pad Quad. I liked it because you can stack 4 different EFX in the unit. But yes there are definitely phasing issues with the Xone. You gotta go all the wet or all the way dry on the mixer, and just use the wet/dry on the Korg. It's kinda rigged but it has good EFX.

The phasing issues are because the xone doesn't correct for latency on it's loop (it can't; it's analog). So, that kind of limits what you can do to things that can still sound good.

Back when I had a xone:62, I experimented with things on it's loop (same except there's only one of them). I had no real problems using delays and reverbs, which is about all I use anyway, but it did require fairly low latency effects units to sound right (I used software).

Send effects are just different than wet/dry loops, and you have to work with the controls that are actually there. What I did was to have the effects processor set 100% wet, set the send so it got a good level, and then just added the effected sound with the return channel.

I mean it doesn't always sound bad either, I think it can be a cool effect in moderation of course.

I use traktors effects with my 62. you can edit the routing in the settings, for Hardware i would think any device with its own dry/wet knob should function fine.

What I like to do on the zone 92 is just send it through the return, no FX, add feedback to the return channel to get a ringing feedback delay effect. You have to be careful, it can get out of hand, but it's a good dub style effect.
    Xone92/X1 MKII X 2/F1/Macbook Pro 13/Technics SL1210 MK2's
    https://soundcloud.com/timbo21-1/tracks

Radio Show Every Friday & Saturday Night 22.00-00.00 BST
    http://www.jazzlondonradio.com/timbo...-london-radio/

Hardware question > Hardware forum
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

So, I'm not making fun....and I think you do a great job. But how many times a day do you post exactly that?

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Hardware question > Hardware forum
    Sorry mate, 2nd time I did that. But do you think anybody minds ? I just want to reach the most amount of people.

Question about the latency of hardware effects: Do guitar pedals have this problem or are all the stereo ones suitable for use with the xone ?