When is the right time for a re-brand. Discussion. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    Well I started out producing and DJing both deep/tech/techno type stuff, then I did a few nights where I'd play some bounce and I started to like that a bit. I would produce and DJ both... But now I'm focusing on my productions which are more deep/tech and I'm actually looking to get them signed so I had to remove songs/mixes from my Soundcloud that didn't fit the genre I was pursuing. I guess it was a good time to figure it out though.
    My DJ name was always Von Royale, ever since i was 13 years old, I had amassed a huge collection of my dads records, and hundreds of tapes i recorded off the radio haha, imagine that. Then we started to get things like napster, I was mostly on "WinMX" (ohhh got soo many viruses from there on my windows 95 machine haha.) Discovered FatboySlim...discovered breakbeats...loved em, downloaded as much as I could. played them for my friends at school, they didn't like em. Everybody was into rock and punk rock! So i moved on to other genres.

Been playing House and Disco for as long as I can remember. Sitting at the dinner table 13 yrs old, told my parents i wanted to start djing, and when i saved up enough money, do weddings and parties and stuff. My old man laughs and just pulls a name out of the air "Von Royale" he says mockingly. He regrets that now haha!

But now I spent a year in a new city playing all kinds of house, techno for different crowds. Towards the end I got back into Breaks and people were LOVING them, so the natural progression happened. Foray into DnB and alot of deep jungle beats (140, 160). I still like my DJ name so I decided to keep it. But just wanted my logos and my promo photos to reflect a different flavor.

Pretty sweet. What's hard for me is that I have a release on Beatport already, and it's in a genre that I'm not pursuing lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12