Traktor hardware with Serato?

Default Traktor hardware with Serato?

Hi,
    I am wondering if it makes any sense to use traktor hardware with serato? (or vdj)

I am more attracted to the modular setups (x1+z1), but I also want to mix video, so unfortunately Traktor software is not viable.

So what do you think? Can I set up hardware like the z1 and x1 to work well with serato, or is it better to get a serato optimized controller (I'm thinking ddj-sb to start out)

Thanks!!

Hi! I'm an avid Traktor User and I recently found my way on serato too for exactly the same reasons. I use my X1-X1MK2- F1 and Kontrol Z2 with serato Dj and SSL all the time and it works perfectly. The Z1 I don't think its going to work since you need an SL Box or controller to be connected in order for Serato to work, Besides that everything can get mapped even the Z1 just not for what its meant to be. I've been thinking in getting an Akai Amx or AFX for serato video purposes. Maybe someone here can give a little light on that.

If that's what I wanted to do, I'd definitely give it a try. I like the X1s a lot. If Traktor ever annoys me enough or SDJ gets bridge, I'd probably give it another try.

I have a question, could i use my DDJ SX2 (Serato hardware) with Traktor?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Hi,
    I am wondering if it makes any sense to use traktor hardware with serato? (or vdj)

I am more attracted to the modular setups (x1+z1), but I also want to mix video, so unfortunately Traktor software is not viable.

So what do you think? Can I set up hardware like the z1 and x1 to work well with serato, or is it better to get a serato optimized controller (I'm thinking ddj-sb to start out)

Thanks!!
    I think it makes more sense to sell Z1 & X1 and get AMX & AFX then buying SL2 card to be able to use NI hardware.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

As far as I'm aware, AMX doesn't work with an external mixer. So that's one reason.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    As far as I'm aware, AMX doesn't work with an external mixer. So that's one reason.
    ???
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2