S4 mk1 Help pls

Thread: S4 mk1 Help pls

Tech Convert

Default S4 mk1 Help pls

Hi
    I've been having an issue for quite a while with my s4 mk1- feom
    Running OSX10.6.3 thru to 10.8.5 on a 2009 2.93 Ghz core2duo MacBook pro.
    Same problem with different versions of Traktor Pro software (currently I'm on 2.6.8 I think)
    During random points in my sets with sync enabled I find that when I press play (mostly on the right side, but sometimes it happens on the left side too) there is a delay before playback starts, resulting in the track coming in out of time and sync with the track that was already playing.
    It happens whether I have quantise or snap on or off and also if I switch between beat sync or tempo sync the same thing happens.
    I've tried adjusting the latency and that didn't work.
    I still Dj with vinyl sometimes, so I've not been using my s4 for a while, but I have a big show on NYE and would love to try and get the s4 issue fixed bwrote!
    So, any advice or help would be MUCH appreciated!
    Thanks very much

Tech Convert

Anyone please?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

You should give a call to NI Support team mate.

Tech Convert

Will do. I did my NYE show and everything worked fine for an hour, then, without changing any settings the left deck suddenly developed a delay when I pressed either a cue point or play. Seriously, I've been Dj-ing for 20 years - not being able to bring a track in on time is a major deal breaker..
    I've emailed NI.

Sometimes turning sync off and then on again real quick for that deck will line things up again.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Tarekith View Post
    Sometimes turning sync off and then on again real quick for that deck will line things up again.
    Thanks for that, I'll try it.
    Is this delay a known issue?

Tech Convert

• Switch off any background services.... (Firewalls etc etc)
    • Check your startup items as well which you can do in the users section of Preferences.
    • Trust you are using a fully registered version of the software? Get the latest update if not 2.7.1.
    • I also use MEMCLEAN to release any space ram going. Not sure it makes a big difference but it keeps it nice and clean.
    • Check your audio settings. you only need to run Traktor in 44,000khz and should be able to achieve 512 latency.
    • Check the files you are playing as well.. Some times HD corruption can corrupt files which create jitters in playback.
    • Log a support ticket with NI as well as previously suggested.

Default reply

The snap and quantize functions help keep everything aligned with the beat grid, but I too have had issues with those functions enabled. . Having them both turned off gives you precise control over when the beat drops. You just have to be right on beat when you hit play or a hot-cue point, but it's just like being on point releasing a vinyl record, timing is everything. .

Tech Convert

I've got a show tonight so I'll try everyone's suggestions. Fingers crossed. Thanks all

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Tarekith View Post
    That worked, thanks so much!