Traktor Kontrol S4 MK1 Browser issue

Default Traktor Kontrol S4 MK1 Browser issue

Hi, First post in a while but I'm having some traktor issues so here goes:

I've been using traktor for a while and recently upgraded from an S2 MK1 to an S4 MK2 on the DJTT black friday sale. Anyways my setup has always been such that when I press the browser knob it expands the browser menu, holding shift and twisting browser knob browses playlists and holding browser knob and twisting scrolls faster. One of my friends recently bought an S4 MK1 (used I belive) and these controls are totally different; It's hard to explain but the browsing controls are really awkward and song always end up getting loaded into the preview slot and browsing through playlists doesnt really work. I tried using it with my laptop and it did the same thing so I'm really not sure what the issue is. Again, my laptop worked fine with my S2MK1 and S4MK2 but encounters a lot of issues in use with this particular S4MK1. Anyone know how to fix this? Is it a driver or mapping related issue perhaps?

I'd really appreciate any help and I'd be happy to provide further details.

Tech Convert

Sounds like the controller mappings are wrong or you have a clash. In the Controller Preferences in Traktor you should be able to assign a controller template to the S4. Just make sure the default one is active and de-activate the others. (By assigning the controller interface). Might fix the issue.