Controller Assistance Needed

Default Controller Assistance Needed

Hi everyone,

I am pretty new to the whole electronic scene. I currently have Ableton Live and know how to use it pretty well. I am going to attempt to explain what I am looking for and hopefully you all can help me. I would like a controller to make beats in real time. A controller with good, velocity sensitive pads so I can "finger drum" to record beats, or play live. I plan to use it as a plug-in and do most of the editing and setup in Ableton. In other words, I don't really feel like I need additional software. I only have a Launchpad at this point, so I have no knob functionality for tweaking effects. The Akai Element was on my Christmas list, since it is pretty affordable, but I didn't end up getting it. Now that I am faced with spending my own money, I want to be absolutely sure what I am buying will fit my needs. I have been doing some reading on the Maschine MK2 and the Mikro MK2 as well. Any suggestions on the right equipment would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Check out Ableton Push! We have them here at DJTT web store: https://store.djtechtools.com/produc...ush-controller

I didn't realize the Push's buttons were all velocity sensitive. That's pretty nice. Do you think that is the best option? I have no doubt it will work well, but money is a factor to some extent. I know none of these controllers are super cheap, but is there any other option that is slightly more affordable? If the Push is the best option, I might get it eventually, but it will take me longer to purchase.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

There is also a Livid BASE but the Push has more responsive pads and better feel to it.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Akai MPD 24 if you are on a budget, they are under $150. 8 knobs / 8 faders / 16 pads