Allen & Heath Xone 62 into a Scarlett 2i4
    Tech Mentor

Default Allen & Heath Xone 62 into a Scarlett 2i4

Hey guy, this may be a noobish question here but I'm awful with this stuff.

I've recently bought a Scarlett 2i4 and I want to use it to record professional sounding dj mixes. Now in the past when trying to record a mix i've been sending the mix, from the record out straight into the mic through my laptop which gave me poor results. so by using the Scarlett where would the record out feed into?

thanks

i use a Xone 62 with my scarlett 18i8... this is how i set it up

the booth outs go into the inputs of my scartlett (in 7+8 for me, goes to deck C in traktor as live input)
    for you it would be in 1+2, make sure they are set to line in. you can use the rec outs instead of booth outs if you like.

outputs 3+4 and 5+6 go to channels one and two of my mixer. (traktor deck A and B)

outputs
    1+2 of my audio interface goes to my speakers. (deck c from tracktor goes here)

for recording you can use audacity to record your mix, or as i have it setup above you can record your mix in traktor

Hardware question > Hardware forum
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

I'd use the record out not the booth out for recording, these go out pre-master out level so adjusting the master out has no effect. they have good headroom as well, I had that mixer for years before upgrading to a xone:3d..

this way you can still use the booth and mains for their intended uses and record your sets and not worry about adjusting levels mucking up your recording.

edit: they'd go into a pair of inputs on your new soundcard and you'd assign these as a stereo pair in your software.