Vinyl
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vinyl

Tech Convert

Default Vinyl

Hello i am looking to buy a vinyl set up of two turntables and mixer and was looking for advice. Is it possible to get a decent setup for around 300? if so what one? I have looked around Gumtree and Ebay but don't want to purchase anything as i haven't got a clue what am looking at. i already have speakers so don't need them. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

In the budget, you might get lucky and pick up a second hand 1210's from someone who doesn't know their value, maybe one at a time.

If not, I'd look for any Vestax turntables - lot of decent nick ones go for very little money and they are damn sweet to spin on (any of them).

At that budget you will be lucky for anything to include a mixer though.

Tech Convert

Thanks a lot for the reply. There is a pair of KAM box 100 turntables plus mixer a KAM for sale for 100. Would these be good for learning on? The low price is a big bonus also.

Tech Mentor

Belt drive... Don't waste your money on those.

If on a budget I would get some Vestax Pdx 2000MKII (Don't like the MkI), pdx2300 or Pdx3000, the older Vestax' seem to be a good buy for the money as well!

Tech Convert

thanks a lot will give them a miss. Iv acquired a mixer so will have the full budget to spend on two turntables. Will have a look for some that you guys have recommended.

Tech Convert

I would expect you to be able to pick up some second hand Citronic decks within your budget, I think they used to do a PD1 and PD2 - both were direct drive with a quoted torque figure of 2.5kg.

I had a pair in a home set up around 15 years ago as I couldn't afford 1210's and they held pitch really well.

In fact I have also played on the Citronic Ultima range and they were pretty decent too but I'm not sure on used prices for those.

Andy

Tech Mentor

Numark ttx are cheaper than a pair of 1200s. Also reloop makes a cheaper rp2000, which is a technics knock off.
    Traktor Z2, Numark TTX1,Ableton Live 9/Push,Roland TR8,Eurorack modular
    Techno/Experimental

Tech Mentor

Have a look in your local scag convertors m8.
    Have heard of a few people getting lucky with decks in there.
    If they've had em hanging around in the store for a while or got a shelf full of em out back, the manager will be keen to a deal to get them out the door. Sooooooo with that in mind send a m8 in to ask what they pay for Technics first to get an idea of where to start haggling.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Thanks a lot for the reply. There is a pair of KAM box 100 turntables plus mixer a KAM for sale for 100. Would these be good for learning on? The low price is a big bonus also.
    No No and a hundred times no, firstly they are most likely around 15 years old and cost just over $250 brand new as a package way back then (I used to sell them).

Get direct drive and buy something decent or you will be cursing, swearing and end up giving up in no time, the numark / stantons are alright, a bit plasticly for my taste, personally I'd hold off for a pair of Vestax or even single 1210's at the right price - the PDX-A2's are bloody brilliant.

theres a set on ebay right now with a mixer that might be worth a punt .. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vestax-PDX...item259ca11329

Tech Mentor

Any plastic on the TTX might as well be metal; It's built so tough. At a 28lbs, They're built like tanks. They're build quality make 1200s feel like a toy in comparison. The first generation got a bad rep from a motor cooling problem on a specific batch (which I never experienced), but they fixed it real quick. Plus all the other poorly made Numark crap would give anybody a sinking feeling until they use them. Most people see the TTX in the DJ booth and start bitching but after they play on them, they eat their words. IMO, That's the only thing Numark got right. Just don't get anything from Numark that isn't a TTX.
    Traktor Z2, Numark TTX1,Ableton Live 9/Push,Roland TR8,Eurorack modular
    Techno/Experimental

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast