Pioneer DDJ-SZ controller set-up problems

Default Pioneer DDJ-SZ controller set-up problems

Looking for assistance in helping me find out why I'm not getting both decks to show on my computer. I'm using a MacBook Pro 10.10.1 with Yosemite upgrade. I have the latest serato DJ software (1.7.2) downloaded, with the latest drivers, however, when I attempt to download the firmware I get a message stating "your DDJ-SZ controller is not connected". No other explanation as to why it's not downloading. Please help!!!!!

Tech Wizard

Be sure you have the Pioneer DDJ SZ Setup utility installed. Also, be sure you have the unit powered on when connected. I know some of this sounds silly, but you didn't tell us what all you have done to this point. Hope this helps...
    Joboodah

Quote Originally Posted by joboodah99 View Post
    Be sure you have the Pioneer DDJ SZ Setup utility installed. Also, be sure you have the unit powered on when connected. I know some of this sounds silly, but you didn't tell us what all you have done to this point. Hope this helps...
    Thanks for the reply. The setup utility is installed and I do have the system powered on and connected to the computer usb port when I tried to install the firmware. But the error msg stating "your DDJ-SZ controller is not connected" still keeps coming up. The computer only shows deck A on the screen and when I drop a track onto the deck it only plays through the computer speaker. When I attempt to load a track onto deck B I can see that it loads because I can see the cue points lighted on the pads, but it doesn't show on the screen.

Tech Wizard

Okay so you've downloaded the firmware update.
    You're connected via USB.
    You have tried to connect the SZ when updating firmware, but you haven't mentioned if you've put it in "Update mode". (follow these instructions>> DDJSZ UPDATE

Page 7 describes the problem you seem to be having. Try that.
    Joboodah

Tech Wizard

Did you get it worked out? Hope all is well, now...
    Joboodah