Two Audio 6/10's running through each other?
    Tech Wizard

Default Two Audio 6/10's running through each other?

Alright so my friend and I are DJing this weekend and we had an idea about using our Traktor audio boxes. I use an A6 and he uses an A10. I only use 3 deck, two being timecode and one remix deck. He uses all four plus a send a return using the main in and out. I play before he does and we were wondering if we could essentially plug his all in to the mixer and have my three inputs run into his first three deck inputs. We want to do this because of convenience and so we can also fluidly mix between our sets. Like I said I haven't seen anyone do this so if anyone has or can test it that would be cool. Or if you think it wouldn't work let me know. Thanks!

It can be done. We have done it with serato boxes. I imagine its possible with the audio 6 and 10 as well.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Yeah...that works. He'd have to change his decks from live input to what he uses when the changeover happens.

But, depending on the mixer, it's probably easier to just use the mixer itself. If, like most places, you're using a DJM-900, what I'd try to do would be to have one of you use the mixer's sound card and the other plug into the line inputs and loop.