Music Discovery/Where to Find Tracks - Page 10
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Live mixes recorded on mix cloud from your favorite artists. Artists like Madeon spin completely different music than they make its crazy.

Tech Wizard

Also podcasts, I recommend Myon and Shane 54 International Departures if you're into progressive house + progressive trance

7Digital - low priced digi files.

Default places for music

If you happen to live in a place that has a community radio station that still uses CDs, chances are they get more product than they can play. Pay them a visit and find out what they do with duplicates, CDs they passed on (for air play), CDs they no longer play. For a small donation you might score a lot of music.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtman View Post
    If you happen to live in a place that has a community radio station that still uses CDs, chances are they get more product than they can play. Pay them a visit and find out what they do with duplicates, CDs they passed on (for air play), CDs they no longer play. For a small donation you might score a lot of music.
    So much this. There was a local radio station here that offloaded their entire back catalog of vinyl to me for $1k. Easiest score of classics I ever got. Mint condition radio promo's, a lot of which never got played. Everything from 1940's to 1980's every genre.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Default related question

Quote Originally Posted by sicnarf033 View Post
    I follow a similar step. Find songs via soundcloud, mixcloud, go over tracklist. listen to full track. sometimes i will search the internet and download or i will go through beatport. I will save it in cart until the end of the week or month and listen to it over again. if i still like it and can imagine it being in my sets, i then download it.

i will also use traxsource and juno.
    I read your feedback -- I hope you can help me. I am finishing up a 6th grade graduation video. I need uptempo current/popular music to keep the video/fotos snapping. I can use instrumentals of top hits, or actual top hits as long as they are not too distracting -- or have inappropriate lyrics. I really need upbeat, motivating and current tunes.

Based on your smart approach (based on your comments), can you direct me somewhere? THANKS A LOT

I still listen to music on gg play, you can see it as a hint

Default links to places to buy music

Hey Would you mind sharing the URLs for Juno and Satellite? So many hits come up in Google with those words, even if you put music or downloads, etc

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    Places to buy music:
    Itunes
    Beatport
    Traxsource
    Juno
    Satellite
    Trackitdown
    Bandcamp
    discogs.com
    Google Play
    Amazon
    emusic
    boomkat
    hardwax
    directly contact the label

Quote Originally Posted by djsoulvation View Post
    Hey Would you mind sharing the URLs for Juno and Satellite? So many hits come up in Google with those words, even if you put music or downloads, etc
    thanks!

I linked the juno site...Satellite seems to be gone...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

You will find music in hundred of online stores.
    Tip1: Listen hours of other DJs and musicians mixes and sets to find tracks that fits your taste.
    Tip2: Subscribe to get unreleased Promo's. That is the most important thing. New unreleased sogs will make you stand out from the mass DJs and do the next step. Your ability to find good songs before others, is the trick.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast