Music Discovery/Where to Find Tracks - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Can some people comment on record pools? I don't use them and I am unfamiliar with the good/popular ones...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Wizard

I use beatport (through finding artists and branching out from there,) word of mouth and a thread on Bodybuilding.com.

then buy them on beatport after a week of sitting in my cart

Tech Mentor

I always have Shazam on my homescreen on my Android. Anytime I hear a dope song, I immediately try to get the tag. It seems very simple, but if you are constantly doing this for awesome tracks you hear, you will quickly find your library growing with some serious gems!

i love beatport and visit the site daily and fill my cart with tunes that ill listen to over and over on sample before buying usually once i can find a discount code on the web

soundcloud mixes are excellent to find tracks within mixes then onto beatport to buy

mixmag mixes on fridays on their live youtube stream also display track listings so i hunt them down too

Tech Mentor

djcity is good for the content thats more commercial and club oriented. i pool money together with a few friends to get access to the shared account. its a record pool for a record pool.

but if I'm really searching for music i'll listen to podcasts. These are some of my favorites right now;

deephousecat
    defected in the house
    and cadencia on DI
    Technics 1210 / Pioneer plx 1000 / Xone 42 / Adam a3x / UA apollo twin / Maschine mikro / Ableton live 9 / Maschine 2 / MBP Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015

Tech Wizard

Also follow all the producers, acts, DJ's, labels etc on Twitter - and look at who they follow.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by sicnarf033 View Post
    Does anyone know a website where you can get old music from funk, disco to say 90s Rnb and Rap? Those tend to be more difficult.
    I know hardwax.com features a lot of rereleases from the 70s-90s. Check out the Disco and House sections for some good classic stuff.

I really like SoundCloud the best for discovering tunes & rare bootlegs. I don't really like to follow the Top10 or 100 charts on sites like beatport, etc. -- Every DJ has access to those tracks (not saying that the music is bad).

I'd rather be known for a unique sound than someone who has all the current hits. That being said, it's great to see what's charting so you can find edits/bootlegs of those tracks, or create your own. If the tunes aren't free to download on SoundCloud, Beatport & Juno Records have been my go-to places to purchase music. I'm also really liking the new Beatport application for Mac.
    Kosta X // Innovative Audio Visual Design + Events
    Connect with me on Facebook // SoundCloud

If you could put www.songdrop.me on there that would be great, a free song is sent to your email once a week from a new artist, were planning on growing into a bigger tool for music discovery. Thanks!
    Check out my...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/glenboarder99
    http://soundcloud.com/glenboarder99
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Then you are golden....like Ean Golden.

Tech Wizard

sometimes I'll scroll through http://www.1001tracklists.com they have lists of most the popular sets out now and then you can find the songs and try and track them down.

I won't lie I was never a huge fan of the old beatport setup, but with the new beatport pro app i listen there a lot very easy to scroll through songs like listening to records and skip tracks ect.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast