Eq and Compression Techniques

Default Eq and Compression Techniques

Hey whats up everyone,
    I wanted to start a thread discussing everyone's EQ and Compression techniques. People have so many ways of doing the same thing and I think an in depth discussion could give people who are new to music production a good start. Feel free to post links to articles and videos as well. Good things to talk about included various techniques, and what plugin you find most useful when EQing and compressing.

Thanks and hope to hear some cool ideas.

Tech Wizard

Fab Filter Pro Q has changed my life! It's made chasing down those rogue frequencies a bit more fun and it's an absolute pleasure to use, so my EQ tip would be to download the demo.

Compression attack time - set your threshold all the way down so you can hear more easily how much of the transient you're letting through, set the attack how you want it, then turn the threshold back up to achieve the desired gain reduction.

Seriously though, FabFilter Pro Q!

Quote Originally Posted by olisharp View Post
    Seriously though, FabFilter Pro Q!
    Some good Fabfilter videos on Youtube about various mid/side techniques, and replicating Baxandall EQ etc. Phenomenal tool.

Compression attack time - set your threshold all the way down so you can hear more easily how much of the transient you're letting through, set the attack how you want it, then turn the threshold back up to achieve the desired gain reduction.