Problem determining differences between Electro House and Prog. House - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by ZxZDeViLZxZ View Post
    http://www.mixcloud.com/harmonicdreams/taking-it-slow/. Here's a proggy style mix I did that really stuck to the whole proggy style
    Where I would call most of it Vocal Progressive Trance, more on Gabriel and Dresden trip, but its certainly a million million million miles closer to progressive than ....

or

Both of which are in the Top 10 Progressive charts on Beatport and all of which IMHO should just be called "Commerical House" - what it used to be known as elsewhere before the good ol' USA jumped on calling it progressive ... but then it wouldn't be cool for the kids to like it.

Yes sorry after I posted I should of clarifies it was a vocal mix but yeah prog trance the jase track is more housey in my mind but the two were very interchangeable at the time wasn't uncommon to start with prog house sasha style and move into the trancier elements then is normally progress my sets up to epic trance

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

It was the chugging basslines that used to always define that "sound" and certainly not represented in whats called progressive now in any way.
    Last edited by deevey; 01-06-2015 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZxZDeViLZxZ View Post
    I agree 100% I was referring to finding new releases in the prog scene I normally browse track lists from said artist above and pick and choose..... One think I miss is the prog style of breaks that were around same time that prog house was in its hayday... I have a radio show coming up and I've been on the hunt for that style of breaks to go with some prog I've scrounged up
    Still some tunes around on Diablo Loco, Deep Garnet Records, Breaks.sk and a few other labels. Can recommend Llupa's Disc Breaks Show for good prog breaks tunes, though he plays some more electro and psybreaks stuff nowadays.

As for the mislabelling of tunes, it is one of my biggest bugbears on Beatport and other sites. Would be nice if there was a way to separate the big room house tunes out of progressive et al or allow some kind of community-based tagging to help filter out the unwanted tunes.
    Last edited by Notanon; 01-07-2015 at 07:40 AM.

Yeah I put some time in on beatport yesterday and was able to dig through the junk and find some breaks to the style I was looking for

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Both of which are in the Top 10 Progressive charts on Beatport and all of which IMHO should just be called "Commerical House" - what it used to be known as elsewhere before the good ol' USA jumped on calling it progressive ... but then it wouldn't be cool for the kids to like it.
    That's just pop music in my opinion. No difference in those tracks and Kesha or Minaj.

I can see why people have no idea what progressive house is if Beatport is labeling those tracks as it.

I also have to say I really dislike those tracks as well. Someone else noted it, but they're start/stop as opposed to steady build with a good groove.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post

While we're adding clips.

You are sleeping such a stellar track I still drop it from time to time

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast