Record a DJ MIX from Traktor into Ableton Live on 2 separate channels?!?
    Tech Convert

Question Record a DJ MIX from Traktor into Ableton Live on 2 separate channels?!?

Hi at all !

Whish you a nice day!

So my hardware:

Macbook
    NI Audio 8
    VCI 100
    Z1
    X1
    MF Classis
    Numark 3 Channel Mixer

Now to my question:

I was thinking around how can I do clean up my mixes. Actually it is so I mix internal and record my DJ mix internal in traktor but if I do a mistake around 30min- I must start from 0 again.

I also can mix external and record my DJ MIX with the REC out of my Numark Mixer but if I make a mistake at around 30min it’s the same as above and I must start again from zero.

Now I have seen I can record both decks one by one in ableton – that is great cause I can clean up my mix after I do a mistake- BUT:

It wont record my EQ action during a blend on 2 Songs- its equal if I mix external or internal... so it brings me nothing cause I must do the blends after a mix In ableton so I can do the whole DJ Mix directly in ableton and not in traktor.

Did you know how I can record both decks (A and B) with the EQ blends separately on 2 channels in ableton ?

Do I need an additional soundcard or laptop ?

Thank you in advance!

I believe (not a MAC user) that you can route audio from Traktor, into Ableton, on separate channels using Soundflower.

But, really and truly (and unless you're scratching) why not just DJ in Ableton?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I believe (not a MAC user) that you can route audio from Traktor, into Ableton, on separate channels using Soundflower.

But, really and truly (and unless you're scratching) why not just DJ in Ableton?
    Thank you for your answer- yes I can route the audio from Traktor into Live also on 2 different channels- but it only records the Track by it self and not the EQ transcition what i make with my mixer or my Z1...

So I end up with 2 Channel Record of the normal Track but without the blending of Low,Mid, Hi etc.

I love traktor and im not so much familiar with ableton that i can direktly mix in there.

Tech Convert

SO what i really want is the same like serato/bridge have with its Mixtape- is that in anyway possible ?

Quote Originally Posted by black0r View Post
    I was thinking around how can I do clean up my mixes. Actually it is so I mix internal and record my DJ mix internal in traktor but if I do a mistake around 30min- I must start from 0 again.
    yes. thats how you do a mixtape. you make mistakes. you learn from it. you get better.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

if it's really that bad, you can simply re-start from the previous track and than 'glue it' together in ableton,
    MBP/Traktor Scratch PRO/Ableton Live/Kontrol X1/iPad

Also - and it's not perfect - once you have recorded the set in Ableton, you can always add an EQ8 to each channel and manually adjust the eq's that way.

You can tweak 'em as many times as you like until it's perfect...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post

Sorry to hack, but in a case where you do scratch and you d like to do what your talking about and on pc, how would one go about it? thanks

thats what i d like to be able to but dont know how..