Control 8 sends on track? Midi Remote Script
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Control 8 sends on track? Midi Remote Script

Hi all,

I'm close to giving up on this, does anyone have a script which controls the first 8 Sends on a selected track?
    I can see the functionality in scripts to control the sends but can't get it to work with my controller (midi fighter twister)

Tech Wizard

After what feels like nearly 2 weeks of fighting with broken scripts and headaches, I've managed to put together one which successfully controls the first 8 sends of the selected track.
    The rings on my Twister respond to each track aswell!

Tech Convert

Which Mapping do you using?

Tech Wizard

Hi Comod,

I wrote one from scratch. Are you looking for this functionality? as I'll be happy to put this online.

Tech Convert

Oh yes please... For me its still frustrating to get this done! Im working with selected_track_control and it works but i get no information back to the controller like CC-Values or Colors... And all other what i have tried failed with Midi Scripting. So i t would be very nice to see with what you work :-)

Tech Wizard

That's exactly the same reason why I ended up writing my own haha
    Ok, let me clean it up alittle bit and I'll post it up for your consideration soon
    My plan is to eventually make it into an updated selected track control script with all of that functionality baked in

Tech Wizard

Oh also,
    How many sends do you normally need to control per channel?
    I recently changed the script so the top 2 rows of rotary encoders on the twister control the first 6 sends, volume & pan of the selected track (I can change it back to 8 sends if that's more required).
    The bottom 2 rows control the 8 device paramaters.
    I need to add functionality to move between banks of sends so that you can control all 12 sends on a track but that's for the future.

Tech Convert

Haha.... Im working on the same and wiffbi, too ;-) LINK

According to the Layout of the LIVE-Track i prefer 8 send:

Send 1 Send 2 - -
    Send 3 Send 4 - -
    Send 5 Send 6 Pan Volume
    Send 7 Send 8 Scroll Tracks Scroll Clips

Volume is very special thing, because its Exponential and im dont know how to calculate Exponential Value with a range from -70dB to +6dB to Linear value...

How did you made this?

Tech Wizard

Hi comod,

My apologies I didn't realise you had replied!

I've just released my script to the internets, you can grab it here now:
    Download SendStorm v1.0

So the main things this does (I think it covers pretty much everything in your table above):
    All of these are based on the Selected Track
    Controls upto 12 sends (over 2 banks)
    8 device Paramaters plus you can bank through more paramaters if you have them
    Volume
    Pan
    Track Navigation
    Mute / unmute
    arm track
    Solo / Monitor
    Plus!!
    Works natively with the Twister - just plug and play
    Full LED feedback on the Twister which automatically updates when you change track / bank
    And... I've included a settings file for the twister containing all the colour feedback I've been using
    And And... it is all on one page of the controller so you still have 2 free pages to assign anything else to (maybe master track functions?)

Not sure what you mean about the volume, what do you need it to do?

Tech Convert

well done.

But there is a bug if you switch the bank with the side buttons to the free banks:
    if send-bank 1-6 is selected and you switch the main-bank then G-L-Send will turn to 127
    if send-bank 7-12 is selected ... then A-F will turn on ... and back again if you switch back!

Generally your Mapping is strange.
    Why are you using these buttons for the sends?
    X X X
    X X X
    thats not intuitiv.

Is it possible to start clips?

ah and the main problem: i can only use the first instrument of the first track, even if i select other tracks or if i navigate trough instrument-banks... :-(

so, thats my first impression.

But Thank you for your work! maybe i will study your code and do my own mapping. this is in any case a good start!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast