So I've taken a step forward and backward, and got myself a pair...
    Tech Guru

Default So I've taken a step forward and backward, and got myself a pair...

1210 Mk2's!

To say I'm excited is... Well, a gross understatement.

They're both working, but they've been in storage for a while without a shred of daylight or usage (around 2 or 3 years). No cartridges on them either, but so far everything is working swimmingly, platters are steady, no drift on the pitch fader.

I can't see anything wrong with them at all, and I'm planning to get in Shure M44-7's because I plan to use them for actual vinyl, timecode vinyl, scratching and mixing and from what I understand, the Shures are the best all round needle.

Is there any hidden problem I can check for to see if I need to send them to be serviced? I do know they were serviced roughly a month before being placed into storage and then never saw the light of day since then. Does any aspect of them degrade over time?

Also, there's a target light out on one. Standard.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Congrats man! One of the best purchases I've made.

Sounds like they should be good to go, and I use the M44-7's as well, although I planned on getting into scratching and still haven't yet.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Tech Mentor

target lights can be replaced with LEDs and the pitch fader stop at 0 and the quartz lock can be disabled on MK2s. It's useful because when that light is on the table is at 0 even though it lights before and after the actual notch.

Congrats, I will say I like ortofons over the M44-7s.

i cant wait to get my hands on a pair. i miss the feeling of wax. started djing with gemini xl-500ii back in the golden days.
    DJ: Pioneer DDJ-SX // Sennheiser HD 8 DJ
    Production: Macbook 15" // Ableton // M-Audio Oxygen 49 MIDI Keyboard // KRK Rokit 5 x2
    Soundcloud ii My Setup

I've had a pair going 20 years! They never stop....
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu